Same old, same old.

Guest wilko8

There is something about "This might be our last chance to see xxx before they/he/she finally calls it a day" - or the day is called for them.

I was delighted to see Leonard Cohen and thought that it would be my last chance - but I'm even more delighted that he's still going.

The new kids on the block will have plenty of time.

It may also be something to do with those oldies who are still around actually being rather good at what they do.

Edited by grumpyhack

I'm not convinced about Mumford being ready but I could be wrong, I also think The Black Keys would be a good shout, could a band like Hot Chip pull it off? Personally I'd much rather see them give one headliner slot to an band like I have listed rather than the same old overplayed and over hyped bands we have become accustomed to.

I think the thing is that the Pyramid has this history, this aura ( spelling?) about it that will lend it self to nolstagia and it's need to want to have the biggest acts around as a headliner. And i for one see nothing wrong with that wheather i like the act or not. The age demographic most certainly would come into effect as well. Also the Sunday evening local one dayers want something thats big and commercial from which they all know the songs . Radio play would come into it depndent on the radio station you listen to. Many might not have heard to much of Mumford and sons or Black keys et al. The way forward? Who knows, the dearth of bands that will create a legacy or thier own history is coming to an end because the change in the music industry and the way we are forced to listen or watch music. The music mogels will push a jaundre of music to the young as the demographic of youth culture changes with the digital age. The likes of Led Zep, Stone, Fleetwoos mac were all born out of a different era where as an "older " person we hang onto what we deemed to be "the " age of music. Those younger would no doubt completly disagree.

Generally, IMO a pyramid headliner should have had prolonged success over a period of three albums that have made them household names, and those are becoming few and far between.

I'm not entirely sure that it means that. It says that 51-60 year-olds are going to more festivals per person than under-21s, but there could still be more under-21s at festivals.

I'll bet the amount polled wasn't the same so while there may be 10,000 51-60 year olds going to two festivals each there could be 100,000 under-21s going to one festival each, meaning that the number of under-21s at a given festival will still be greater.

I think...