OPEN'ER 2013

Guest xyz

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@TobySoprano - because whole festival is in Gdynia ;) . But at the suburbs, few kilometers from citycenter .

@wee-lassie - I can't remember, but every polish source says, that NO :(

@Charlotte291 - I don't know them very much, but I would guess, that they will play at Tent Stage ;) . TI won't be headlining for sure, AnCo is likely to headline Tent Stage (second biggest stage)

Went to this 2 years ago in 2011. Any questions post them this way! We went to the festival then stayed in sopot for a few days after!

We brought vodka into the campsite, just hid it near the bottom of our bags and the security allowed us to bring in cans of heniken from the local shops every day

Not from me since I've been only at campsite :) .

Once we had private place (plenty of people rent their flats during Opener - surely much cheaper than hotel), but it's much more hard to find on the internet while spoeaking only english ;)

if anyone is interested in this kind of music

Rihanna will play in the same place, on the same stage where will play QotSA, Blur, KOL, ect. one day after Opener Festival.

All persons owning 4-day tickets can attend the concert with no additional costs, and the stay at the camp area will be prolonged by another night.

http://opener.pl/en/News/Rihanna-To-Perform-In-Poland-On-7-July-2013-The-Artist-Will-Give-A-Special-Performance-In-Gdynia-One-Day-After-Opener-Festival

Fair play to open'er, I can take or leave rihanna but to give weekenders another free day of the festival and free gig. Hats off to them, I seem to recall rock am ring did a similar thing one year, they booked their headliners, then ratm were about, so they booked them and made 2010 a four day festival.

• 2 weeks later...

Ampersand under a different name...

Couple of questions for Kuki, sorry if you've answered before.

Can you take a couple of bottles of beer with you to the beach or is that strictly forbidden? Also, can you drink beer in and around your tent in the official campsite. Just a bit unsure on Polish law, and if it's perhaps relaxed slilghty in this area for Open'er week.

Having done a bit of investigation, I'm starting to distance myself from the festival. I can handle not drinking in the crowd however if you can only drink in pubs in the city and designated festival areas, I can see that dampening the experience slightly.

Cheers in advance.

a) You shouldn't drink at beach, since it's public place, but noone is giving a crap :) . Maybe if police patrol were at the beach, they would give you a fine, but I have never noticed police on beach - so feel free to drink there :)

B) you can drink near your tent, IF IT'S HEINEKEN ;) . Open'er has really strange alcohol policy, they sell Heineken's at the campside, you are allowed to drink it there, but not to bring your own booze there. BUT! I remember, that if you have Heineken bought outside festival area - it's also ok to bring it (at least in cans)

ah also - about drinking in public - polish law is mostly strict about this. But fine is usually 50PLN which is about 10GBP ;) (done this plenty times before). So as long as you aren't drunk as hell, throwing up in the main street of Gdynia - the worst thing is 10GBP fine :)

@Last Nights Hero - check RyanAir and WizzAir to Gdańsk. I flew with RyanAir from Poland to Download Festival and it was about 100GBP both sides with baggage.

Edited by Kuki

Thanks Kuki, I can actually fly from Ireland which is handy but they only fly Sundays and Wednesdays >.<

Out of interest does anyone know if there's any reason why Open'er doesn't seem to be offered by any of the big festivals by coach services like Big Green Coaches? Or better yet, does anyone know of any companies that do offer a travel package? Thank you.

Edited by Last Nights Hero