OPEN'ER 2013

Guest xyz

IfyouseennatalieE - as I said earlie, I can't remember whether other drinks than beer are available or not, sorry :( if you will be there I'm first hours of opened campsit, you could try sneaking in alcohol, but later it's rather difficult :)

You will have lockers at train station, also at the campsite, but it's more like storage not separated lockers for everyone. To be honest, I have never heard of thieves at campsite, mostly Polish people who are at campsite just want to have a good fun, not making troubles :) I have been theretwice with really big rucksack and nothing happened

You don't have to be sandy, showers are available with small tax .how could you imagine holidays at the seaside without going to the beach ;)?

There should not be any problem with getting to the docks ( if they are the same as I think), it's up to 20 minutes from Martin station where all festival shuttle buses are going :)

Wow, I made it ;o so another lost person ;)

Jacquelinexo - I don't know if hotels in Trojmiasto extend curfew during festival-never stayed in hotel.for my logic, they should, what's the reality? Sometimes Poland doesn't have any logic ;) I think, that if you will talk tothe person at the office, it shouldn't be a problem

Don't worry about shops, there are plenty of them .and they will seem cheap for you (as you are foreigner).

About your place, I will try to find some piece of information for you :)

Sorry for all misclicks, I'm writing from my mobile phone :P

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

today we got few more bands and artists for Open'er:

Jonny Greenwood will perform a classic work by Steve Reich "Electric Counterpoint":)

Nas

Junip

and 11 polish bands:

Kaliber 44 (legendary polish hip-hop band which will play first show from 10 or more years), Vavamuffin, Ras Luta, Novika, Oszibarack, Fox, Rebeka, Magnificent Muttley, The &, Peter J. Birch and Drekoty

Hi,

I am coming to Open'er this year from the UK, and i'm just wondering if anyone could help me with finding a tent?

I don't really want to bring one over on the flight from the UK as low budget airlines charge too much for extra luggage!

What I am looking to do is hopefully buy a tent from someone just for the festival, can anyone help me? I am looking for a 3-person tent.

Thanks, Nat x

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Kuki I just have a few questions for you, some of it you may have already said but I just want to make sure.

I'm bringing a DSLR camera which apparently isn't going to be allowed in and I will probably be camping. Not bringing it isn't really an option as the reason I bought it was specifically for this trip as I will be travelling for a month or so after the festival around Europe.

So is there any way I could get the DSLR camera past security? Or are there at the very least some secure lockers right before the entrance to the festival which I could put it in to keep it safe for the duration of the festival? Or are there some lockers at the airport or railway station or anywhere where I can safely leave my DSLR for the festival and come back to pick it up afterwards? I'm really concerned that if I can't take my DSLR in I won't have any place to put it.

Or is it best to just live in a hostel for the duration of the festival? And if so how expensive are the hostels around the time of the festival? And I'm guessing Gdynia would be the best place to stay but I can't find many hostels in Gdynia. I can only find alot of hostels in Gdansk.

Edited by Ninja_In_Scrubs

• 2 weeks later...

Well I am not sure either since I havent been to poland in a long time. But the SKM is basically a metro that connects gdynia, sopot and gdansk. one way trips should cost around no more than 1 Pound or so I dont see why you should be buy anything else. I would just get a ticket when you need to take the train. You are probably refering to a card that pays for multiple fares or days. Those Tickets should always be available at any train station. So no worries...Do you camp or are you staying in Gdynia? Btw I am from Berlin...

Hi!

Today I've bought the ticket for Wednesday, unfortunately I can't attend to the full festival due to job issues :-/

By the way, the "famous" Orbis hotel is now full. Do you think it would be OK to stay in Gdansk for a night? I've read in this topic that the public transport will work on night thanks to the festival, but do the buses or train arrive in Gdansk too?

Thanks in advance! See you there!

We are staying between Sopot and Gdansk so have looked into it, public transport seems to be running all night. The SKM tram service goes down to about one an hour in the middle of the night but I'm sure with all the festival people around it will be safe waiting.

You can check timetables at http://www.skm.pkp.pl/en/ if you know the nearest stop to where you end up staying.

We are staying between Sopot and Gdansk so have looked into it, public transport seems to be running all night. The SKM tram service goes down to about one an hour in the middle of the night but I'm sure with all the festival people around it will be safe waiting.

You can check timetables at http://www.skm.pkp.pl/en/ if you know the nearest stop to where you end up staying.

hi :) anyone knows why Junip is not on the line-up? they should play on 4th July...

besides, does anyone have any bad experiences with cameras? i wanna take my camera there but it says it shouldn't be too big and everything. if i try to get it to the concert, are they gonna search me and take it away or what?

another thing, about camping. how big is the camping site compared to, let's say, RoskildE? is it usual that people bring speakers to the camp and have their flags and everything? and is the camping area divided anyhow with main roads etc. or can people just camp anywhere? 'cause the map doesn't really show that..

uuuui i can't wait to get there :D