OPEN'ER 2013

Guest xyz

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers, Kuki! I havent been to the "tri-cities" since I was a kid, but I do have fond memories of Sopot and Gdansk, so I am really looking forward to this. I dont think taking a cab should be a problem. Shuttle busses are ok, but sometime one needs a little luxury. Are you going too? Do you camp? Where you from? I am from Berlin, living in Leipzig at the moment...

I don't think that I will go, I have to have student's practice this summer and even if I have free July, I will choose Bazant Pohoda instead :) . I am from the another pole of Poland, Silesia, so I have abot 600km (in Polish conditions, train goes 11h).

If you have another questions, I think i could answer all of them, I was at Opener 3 times :)

can someone shed some light on the alcohol situation for me please. i understand there are 'beer gardens' in the main arena but in the camp site? can you drink? can you buy beer/spirits in there? could you get away with sneaking beer into it? or do you go into the city and drink before the acts come on? any help would be great

can someone shed some light on the alcohol situation for me please. i understand there are 'beer gardens' in the main arena but in the camp site? can you drink? can you buy beer/spirits in there? could you get away with sneaking beer into it? or do you go into the city and drink before the acts come on? any help would be great

a) as I remember, the nearest shop is about 1,5km from the area, so it's quite far. At the campsite one can of Heineken was for about 6-8zł which is about 1.8EUR/1.1GBP

B) 'beer gardens' are big enough, you shouldn't spend too much time in the line for beer. Maybe there is a little bit too less benches, but no one cares and you can spend great time chatting with people while sitting on the ground ;)

btw - next bands this thursday

Edited by Kuki

I was at Open'er in 2010 and 2011. It's an amazing festival. Especially because the polish people make for the best and most enthusiastic crowd I've ever experienced (especially compared to people from Scandinavia and Great Britain).

For the "no drinking near the stage" part, in the evenings people had no problem at all bringing drinks out of the drinking areas and closer to the stages. There's so many people and almost impossible for the guards to spot or care about you carrying a few beers.

I see someone saying they want to stay in Sopot or Gdansk. I'd strongly recommend Gdynia. When you come back to the city centre at night with bus, you just want to get back to your hotel as soon as possible instead of getting on the train. I stayed twice at Hotel Orbis Gdynia and thought it was great.

This line up is unreal. Best I've seen in a long time! Plus very cheap. The price of a camping ticket is half of what my TITP camping ticket cost me last year. I've already booked benicassim but if I had looked about before hand I would of been going here instead. Have fun guys!

I never said it was too expensive, I simply don't understand why It's 20 odd quid more expensive for a camping ticket, then you have to pay another 25quid for a surcharge.

Surely should just put the two together in one ticket.

Whatever, it's going to be a good weekend.

a) as I remember, the nearest shop is about 1,5km from the area, so it's quite far. At the campsite one can of Heineken was for about 6-8zł which is about 1.8EUR/1.1GBP

B) 'beer gardens' are big enough, you shouldn't spend too much time in the line for beer. Maybe there is a little bit too less benches, but no one cares and you can spend great time chatting with people while sitting on the ground ;)

btw - next bands this thurs

FIRST OF ALL:

You don;t need to pay surcharge if you want to camp ! ! ! ! !

This surcharge is for people, who bought 4-day pass WITHOUT Camping and they made their minds ;) . So all you have to do is to buy ticket with camping

At least, this is what I've been told on polish forum ;)

About alcohol:

Athe the campsite you can drink near your tents ;) . Of course, only these drinks, which were bought on the campsite :D

I have no idea if there are any other drinks than beer

FIRST OF ALL:

You don;t need to pay surcharge if you want to camp ! ! ! ! !

This surcharge is for people, who bought 4-day pass WITHOUT Camping and they made their minds ;) . So all you have to do is to buy ticket with camping

At least, this is what I've been told on polish forum ;)

About alcohol:

Athe the campsite you can drink near your tents ;) . Of course, only these drinks, which were bought on the campsite :D

I have no idea if there are any other drinks than beer

Hey guys awesome headliners I am the biggest QOTSA fan ever (no joke I have tatts to prove it eeerk)

Anyway me and the gf are thinking of coming. From London I see we fly to Gdansk but how do you get from Gdansk to the festival, and is it actually at an airport I am confused by the locarion.