server upgrades

Guest eFestivals

They'll be a series of server upgrades taking place across the efestivals servers over the next couple of weeks. The dates for them haven't been scheduled yet, I'll post back here when they have been.

The upgrades will cause all of efestivals to be offline for hopefully* no more than an hour, and on another occasion the forums will not function for hopefully* no more than 30 minutes (*if everything happens as smoothly as hoped for).

I hope to have these upgrades happen at around 5am in the morning, so that not too many people are affected.

The upgrades should provide a further increase in server capacity at busy times. :)

The upgrade to the main efestivals server will be taking place at approximately 5am tomorrow (Thurs 30th Aug).

This means that all of efestivals will be offline for hopefully no more than an hour (it should be much shorter). Fingers crossed that there aren't any issues.

Apologies in advance for any inconvenience caused.

Following last weeks failed upgrade of the existing main server, that plan has been abandoned.

Instead, a lovely shiny new server is currently being set-up, and as soon as the website data has finished being migrated across (within a few hours) the new server will replace this current one. This will cause all of efestivals to be offline for around 15 minutes at some point later today while the servers are changed.

The new server has the biggest capacity of any server efestivals has yet used, which (along with some background tweaks, and upgrades to the other efestivals servers) should ensure that these forums perform the best they ever have on ticket day. :)

I believe that all of the issues related to the new server are resolved, and everything is working as it should. However, if you're aware of something not working then please let me know so that it can be fixed.

It's early days, but there seems to be a significantly bigger punch to this new server, so hopefully there'll also be a significant improvement in server speed at busy times. :)

Following on from the main server having been upgraded, the other two servers in the system are also due to have some more minor upgrades.

These should take around 15 minutes for each server, and will require the forums to go off-line for a while.

I don't have a date and time for this work as yet, but am hopeful that it might happen sometime before the end of tomorrow.