Michael Eavis Says microchipped wristbands are a good idea. WTF?

Guest RedFletcher

kilts are great...once you start wearing one, you'll never look back. It'll change your life. I've ended up with 5 in a variety of colours...

but coming to terms with doing a poo with several yards of material to cope with is a challenge. I'm convinced that girls have some sort of genetic predisposition to be able to manage this....

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No I don't believe they are currently, but they could quite easily do all manner of "extras", and "looking damn cool" is obviously enough of an incentive to get punters wearing them entirely of their own volition...

It's a neat proof of concept, both technically and sociologically. They could add location tracking next to make entire blocks light up different colours en masse - people would think that was pretty cool.

You just need to show some sort of benefit to the punter, however frivolous. See also: Facebook. ;)

Don't see this in any way viable or necessary. The infrastructure cost could not be redeemed through any amount of marketing info - there are too many small stalls which could never cover the costs of the terminals

I am very pro technology and pretty easy going about most stuff like this

However Glastonbury is the one occasion in the whole year when I can do what the hell I like and nobody will know or care. Wearing an asbo bracelet would really trash this for me

I understand all the surveillance aspect of these things so wouldn't want them to be compulsory but I like the idea of loading my wrist band up with cash so I don't have large amounts of money on me at the start of the festival.

If you could just wave your wrist at the bar for my drinks or food I would be happy and it would be a weight off my mind. It would a lot easier than having to carry around and hide my bank card or leave a bundle of cash in the lock ups.