Anthrax, dont underestimate them!

Guest t8yman

Anthrax were the first band I ever bought a ticket to see live, back on the Among the Living tour ('85/6 ish I think). I've seen them many times live, and in my later years went off them quite considerably, picking them back up during the bush era, where I immediately decided I preferred bush to belladonna.

in the last few years I had developed quite the dislike for the belladonna era stuff, liking the bush remakes on "The greater of two evils" better, and was really miffed when sharon osbourne blackmailed them into sacking bush and bringing belladonna back.

I have heard the guys on the metal Hammer podcast banging on about how great the last album was, but stubbornly refused to give it a try until this week.

what a fucking album.

I love it, and if you are ancient like me, and felt as dismissive about the new stuff as I did, please give it an honest try - i think you will be pleasantly surprised.

I wont be missing them on the sunday.

I'll be watching them, never seen them before, how can I NOT watch them? It will be the third time Ive seen Scott Ian though, seen him in The Damned Things and with his wife - Meatloaf's daughter Pearl. Guys a legend, running with three amazing bands at once so gotta see him with Anthrax too

They were the worst out of the "Big 4" at Soni last year. In fact even Diamond Head were better so they came 5th out of 5. That said they were not poor by an means, just not as good as the others. Slayer surprised me most, thought they would be a bit too heavy and I would get bored but I thought they were excellent. I will watch Anthrax again as there is not much I want to see on Sunday and they may be better than last time.

Slayer excellent? I've caught them at festivals twice and they were shockingly awful both times. I've never heard a positive comment about any of their live performances. I didn't go to Soni last year so maybe they've improved, but I've got some really bad memories of them.

I remember Anthrax being alright, but nothing special when I saw them. I might wander by if I'm bored, but I won't be making any real effort to see them.