Travelling from Scotland

Guest shetland

If you want to get there quick, you're better flying then getting the train from Gatwick to Reading. I think that costs around £100 tho

If you wanna get there cheap, megabus! Glasgow to Reading costs about £30. It does take a lot longer than flying, but you can get one overnight and if you don't mind buses & want to save money it's the best choice.

I don't think a lot of scottish people go, we got a lot of 'you're scottish, why didn't you go to leeds?' last year but there is some :)

Fly Aberdeen - Heathrow with FlyBMI.com

Costs start around £80

http://www.skyscanne...ugust-2012.html

At Heathrow get the Rail Air bus direct to Reading Train Station

Costs £21 return

http://www.heathrowa...athrowtoReading

Edited by Paul ™

Try northern irish notes, everyone goes "what isn't ireland on the euro" nope, not northern ireland. (I'm not from there just ended up with some notes one day)

Best thing is to fly imo, it's worth the extra money compared to a train or coach.

• 2 months later...

Sleeper is probably the best for a festival with all your kit, you have to book it on Scottrails website. However if you fly id recomend flying into Brisol (if there are direct flights from Aberdeen) instead of to Gatwick. Pauls recomendation of skyscanner for cheapest flights is a good shout - though remember if you want to take festival kits BA or someone may be cheaper than booking easyjet ect and taking a bag.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Good god dont do the bus unless you really have to, you'll be fecked by the time you get there. When i went ( im in scotland) i got the train and walked to the site, didnt take long. If you look you can sometimes get good deals. Failing that you could find some one to carshare with or fly but you need to consider the cost of getting from the airport to the site and the baggage allowance.

Edited by ninjahamster