How many weeks left...

Guest luckysalt

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I've now listened to the back catalogue of every band announced to make sure I don't miss any previously unheard gems(which included you tube overtime on the Butcher Babies) , drawn up a rough draft of potential band clashes/ stage times loosely based on last year,had my holidays confirmed from work, sorted out my camping gear, upgraded my ticket from 3 days camping to 5, purchased any essential songs I was missing from iTunes from the previously mentioned unheard of gems (apart from the Butcher Babies who I like for less musical reasons) sorted out a lift to the camp site off my brother,converted a young lad from work away from the dark side( Leeds/Reading) to the light that is Download festival and installed him as my wing-man. All I need now is the rest of the line up to be finalised, the stage times to be confirmed,a clone of myself so I don't miss any of Saturdays bands, the tickets to arrive and the 7 remaining weeks to go by FAST!

I've now listened to the back catalogue of every band announced to make sure I don't miss any previously unheard gems(which included you tube overtime on the Butcher Babies) , drawn up a rough draft of potential band clashes/ stage times loosely based on last year,had my holidays confirmed from work, sorted out my camping gear, upgraded my ticket from 3 days camping to 5, purchased any essential songs I was missing from iTunes from the previously mentioned unheard of gems (apart from the Butcher Babies who I like for less musical reasons) sorted out a lift to the camp site off my brother,converted a young lad from work away from the dark side( Leeds/Reading) to the light that is Download festival and installed him as my wing-man. All I need now is the rest of the line up to be finalised, the stage times to be confirmed,a clone of myself so I don't miss any of Saturdays bands, the tickets to arrive and the 7 remaining weeks to go by FAST!

Wow that's some serious organisation! I just plan on turing up, having some beers (just the one or two mind) and seeing what happens from there (obviously there are quite a few bands i intend on seeing, but i find planning these things to the minutest detail always leads to disappointment as things don't always work as planned)

This is far too insignificant a query to warrant it's own thread, but it's just occured to me that 20 quid is pretty cheap for airport adjacent parking for 5 days, do you think anyone not going to the festival has ever used the car park when going for a short break elsewhere? :lol: