eFestivals mobile website

Guest eFestivals

The latest version has just been uploaded and put live.

Improvements include:-

- a re-written URL conversion routine, that should give more accurate results as well as working faster than previously.

(this exists so that the relevant links within a page should [hopefully] always be for the mobile site and not for the full website, tho there will always be a few exceptions).

- corrections to bugs in the navbar generator.

- a link added to the front page so that users can choose to use the full forums skin if they wish to rather than the mobile skin.

http://www.efestivals.co.uk/m

I'll continue to use this thread as a development blog. Please feel free to leave me any comments and suggestions so that the mobile site can be developed to hopefully give you everything you'd like from it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

When I use the forums on my mobile (HTC Sensation) by going to http://www.efestivals.co.uk/m/ and then selecting Visit The Forums using the lightweight mobile skin, it works great.

But the next time I return to the forums on my laptop, I still get the lightweight version and always have to manually change the theme back using drop down box at the bottom of the screen.

Neil, is there any way to change that?

When I use the forums on my mobile (HTC Sensation) by going to http://www.efestivals.co.uk/m/ and then selecting Visit The Forums using the lightweight mobile skin, it works great.

But the next time I return to the forums on my laptop, I still get the lightweight version and always have to manually change the theme back using drop down box at the bottom of the screen.

Neil, is there any way to change that?

Because that's the mobile site, I've set the (main) forums link to force the mobile skin onto that user. While it's possible to allow the forums to set the skin via what the device being used is, that's only as perfect as the device list within the forums, and might not suit users any better than forcing the mobile skin on them.

I've also included another forums link on the mobile front page ("forums - standard skin"), which in the same way forces the standard skin onto that user - so the users can make their own choice of skin.

The downside of how I've set things up on the mobile site is that the forums remember which skin a user has 'chosen', and so uses that skin as the default for that user next time they visit the forums.

It's easy enough to change back - just go to the bottom of any forums page and use the 'change theme' link and select the 'eFestivals Standard skin'.

• 8 months later...