Sziget 2012

Guest guitarbaz

• Replies 959
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hahaha, i doubt they'd book them again, perhaps the prodigy, noel gallagher, the cure, florence and the machine, or the foo's im pretty sure at least one of them will be a headliner .. @Cristall Im presuming you've been to Sziget before? If so, roughly how much is it to actually participate in the activities within the festival i.e. swimming, massages (for jmcevoy2), bungee jumping etc..

After 30 Seconds To Mars headlined Sziget 2010 and there had been many critics about that, I thought about the same a year ago. But guess who replaced Amy Winehouse as a 2011 headliner after she cancelled her show?? :mellow:

I think The Prodigy can be ruled out, because when they were announced last year that caused a lot of criticism in Hungary. It seems The Prodigy have been in Hungary too often and the Hungarians want to see other bands now.

I don't know the prices for massages and bungee-jumping, as I didn't do that. And for swimming, a visit to one of Budapest's spas is about 8 quid. Swimming pools are cheaper, but I don't know how much exactly. On site the only swimming pool is at the VIP camping. But if you buy the Budapest Citypass, you get unlimited free public transport and free access to the swimming pools and spas in Budapest!

Many Hungarian bands perform at all three festivals, VOLT, Balaton and Sziget, while indeed international acts usually don't perform on more than one of these festivals within one year. But there are exceptions sometimes, so bands performing on VOLT or Balaton can't be totally ruled out yet. Last year 30 Seconds To Mars even announced their presence at Sziget during their VOLT gig... It wouldn't surprise me if another band would do the same this year.

No, VOLT and Balaton usually don't share any international acts. And, please correct me if I'm wrong, I also don't see any international acts in both festivals' line-ups... 30 Seconds To Mars were an emergency band indeed, but there have been more exceptions, like Die Antwoord two years ago.

Furthermore I only expect three more headliners, since Sziget usually has one headliner a day from Tuesday to Sunday, six in total. Now we probably have three headliners already announced: The Stone Roses, Placebo and Korn.

No, VOLT and Balaton usually don't share any international acts. And, please correct me if I'm wrong, I also don't see any international acts in both festivals' line-ups... 30 Seconds To Mars were an emergency band indeed, but there have been more exceptions, like Die Antwoord two years ago.

Furthermore I only expect three more headliners, since Sziget usually has one headliner a day from Tuesday to Sunday, six in total. Now we probably have three headliners already announced: The Stone Roses, Placebo and Korn.