Drunk Take That fans flood A&E after Manchester gigs

Guest eFestivals

my missus had one beer the entire time she was at the gig last week, she said it was so packed, you couldnt be arsed to leave your spot to get a drink. the city of manchester stadium also put on a "village" setup for the girls to get ratted before and after the gig though. I'm sure that the boost the local economy has recieved will absorb the cost of a few pissed up milfs. ;)

They are terrible crowd as they get easily riled up as they don't go to gigs.

I remember I went to see the Buzzcocks a few years ago at the Indig02 which is a mini-venue inside the O2Dome and The Spice Girls where playing the 02 the same night and the line for the Buzzcocks were punks, old guys & students all patiently waiting and casually talking to each other and the Spice crowd where obnoxious 30+ girls screaming "OMG", "Why the f**k aren't we inside yet" and I saw one girl almost start a fight with a guy on the tube home as she tried flirting with him and he politely turned her down and she was going "You think you're better than me" and started waving her arms around.

I went along on Friday last week (it was £20 :P) Just to stick my 2p in;

- I didn't see any alcohol for sale outside the stadium (and I was looking), other than at two pubs 1/2 a mile away or so.

- I didn't see anyone any more drunk than 'merry', before during or after

- Coming out of the stadium, onto buses, walking down the road etc - behaviour was impeccable aside from a couple of blokes pissing behind trees

- We had to collect our tickets when we got there (they had only put the £10 and £20 tickets on sale a few days prior to fill the stadium for the DVD I believe), and other than a couple of grumbles about the length of the queue, having to pay £2.50 for a bottle of water & missing the pet-shop boys, everyone was in a good mood.

BUT of course this was Friday night - the Saturday & Sunday gigs, with the opportunity for all day drinking, probably weren't quite the same.