Coach ticket information

Guest sesameskittle

I'm sure this has been discussed on this forum many times before but I can't seem to find any information on it. My mates managed to buy two Glastonbury coach tickets (from Oxford) in the final re-sale on Tuesday, not because they want to get there by coach but just because they were desperate for tickets and standalone ones sold out quick! He's now saying that his conformation email stated that he has to now use his coach ticket and get there by bus in order to receive his Glastonbury ticket but I'm sure this isn't the case. Any information at all appreciated.

I'm afraid it is. We had a huge problem whereby one of us could only get a coach ticket from London in the final resale last month. It then turned out that he is the only one legally allowed to drive the camper van we hired.

We spoke to the Festival office and pleaded our case, stating the reasons why. Their tone pretty much suggested they thought we were making a story up to get him off the coach!

We also asked if he could just collect his ticket, but they insisted the driver will hand out all the tickets en route and not on boarding. So, like our mate, you will have to get the coach I'm afraid.

I'm in the same situation.

I pleaded with Glastonbury and Shittickets but failed massively. Glastonbury are doing this to prevent as much traffic as last year nothing to do with being "green".

I have tried to work out every possible scenario to avoid getting the coach but without risking not getting your golden ticket it can't be done.

As one person on this board repeatedly says...

"enjoy Oxford" ;)

The griping on this board and the about people having to use the coach after having bought said tickets is astounding.

If you were that bothered about travelling this way you shouldn't have bought them in the first place!

If you bought them in a fit of panic after all standard tickets sold out and then realised it was too much hassle then you should have cancelled the tickets when you could.

I dont think anyones griping are they?

Im in the same boat. Tried a sneaky trick i saw on this board. Apparently last year you werent allowed under 12s on the coach, so if you rang up and said you had a young child travelling with, they would cancel the coach tickets, and swap for standard.

Anyhow i tried it, and they just contacted me saying 'no problem, we'll book the child on, send us £24'. Damn, foiled again!

Anyway, its not too bad for me, managed to get london tix, and we live in essex, so not much more hassle than the car would have been. Could have been a lot worse, as i reckon i would have booked on literally any coach that would have got me there. Travelling oop north on the tuesday only to come all the way back down to somerset on wednesday morning would have been fairly soul destroying

I dont think anyones griping are they?

Im in the same boat. Tried a sneaky trick i saw on this board. Apparently last year you werent allowed under 12s on the coach, so if you rang up and said you had a young child travelling with, they would cancel the coach tickets, and swap for standard.

Anyhow i tried it, and they just contacted me saying 'no problem, we'll book the child on, send us £24'. Damn, foiled again!

Anyway, its not too bad for me, managed to get london tix, and we live in essex, so not much more hassle than the car would have been. Could have been a lot worse, as i reckon i would have booked on literally any coach that would have got me there. Travelling oop north on the tuesday only to come all the way back down to somerset on wednesday morning would have been fairly soul destroying

Check out the Questions forum, I'd class that as griping.

I'm not one of these 'hey man lets be positive guys' types, I love a good moan as much as anyone. There just seems to be lots of people who've bought the coach package and then trying to bend the rules.

I got Bristol coach tickets, I live in Newcastle. Its a bit of a pain in the arse but me and the missus will put up with it cos we know it was the best we could get. Come Wednesday afternoon I'll be kicking my height with the best of them!!!

Oh yeah, i read that at the time i think, f**k it let 'em moan. Like us they should just be grateful to be going to the best place in the world for 5 days, however they get there.

I don't know what you mean by 'kicking your height'. Is that a geordie thing?! Kindly elucidate, it sounds like fun.