Wed and Thursday

Guest gazza_20

Entertainment for Weds and Thurs and the rest of the weekend is getting announced tomorrow.

But Weds is kinda a dead day, you get there set up up tents and that and then its usually late afternoon, not much goes on.

Thurs we and my lot and a fair few other people it seems do a pub crawl, see at the enterance to the site if you turn left and walk down the road which is a hill going downwards after a walk around the outskirts of the site, is a road partically full of pubs, we do a crawl down them to the bottom where there is a co-op get some more booze and food to take back to camp then do some more pubs then taxi back to the site. Theres also usually something called the Boardie BBQ, where people from the official boards meet up and they get some unsigned bands to play in the campsite, always gets great feedback but I always miss it.

Theres the Village at Download which is between the campsite and the arena, its at the campsites basically, theres a fair walk to the arena. Thats has a bunch of stuff, entertainment tent, stalls, open air music stage and a funfair, lots of music playing out everyone walking around chatting to each other, having a laugh and last year break out wrestling matches on the grass! Was great this professional wrestler was challenging people and doing all the moves, standing moonsaults, the lot, ha ha, hope he's back!

You'll have a great time, and I defo recommend the pub crawl, its wicked. Some GREAT pubs

Cheers dude, I'm basically a festival goer though that likes to stay inside the side to get the fest atmosphere. Kinda what I dislike at Reading is that you can go out n come back as you please which is why I much prefer Leeds.

We are only getting the 3 day camping tickets which is main reason I asked, due to holiday allowance etc

Fair enough, arriving on the Friday and then bands starting at 1pm, its a bit of a rush IMO. Plus its gunna be havoc setting up, would rather get it sorted Weds, I remember last year, the rain had caused a lot of camping to be shut off, and it was a nightmare trying to find a place even then!

What time you aiming to get there on the Friday?

Don't think i could ever arrive late again we got there one friday at 8pm as my son had chicken pox so had to wait for the other half to finish work, absolute nightmare finding a spot to camp at 11pm, the village is good if you like waltzers and a few other fair rides and beer 4 cans for £6 beats the £4 a pint in the arena, will have to wait and see what the latest tent has to offer this year.

Fair enough, arriving on the Friday and then bands starting at 1pm, its a bit of a rush IMO. Plus its gunna be havoc setting up, would rather get it sorted Weds, I remember last year, the rain had caused a lot of camping to be shut off, and it was a nightmare trying to find a place even then!

What time you aiming to get there on the Friday?

I think the Thursday is one of the best things at a festival. If your there early and set up theres nothing better than to chill and relax with a beer(or insert drink of choice) in your hand, having a look around the site. Talking to new people and not having anything that you have to do its just relaxation at its best(providing nice weather). Where as the next three days are going to be quite hectic seeing bands, moving from stage to stage etc.

I'm going to get there as early as possible on the Thursday, maybe even Wednesday evening.

In fairness, last year they had a lot more people turn up for the opening on Wednesday than they anticipated!

I had a conversation about it with the H&S guy from LN and he said they never expected half as many people as turned up at 9am on the Wednesday! I expect it will be easier this year!

fair enough, guess it does make more time for a couple on the way.

So is the general outlook a friendly-ish fest?

Someone informed me yesterday that this wasn't necessarily the case?

I have also heard that its not the fets it used to be although I've nothing from previous to compare it too.

I love leeds althought he crowd is a bit yougn generally now and nothing will beat glasto so.

And how do they know what time on the Wednesday people are turning up?

Some people arrive at 9am. Some arrive 9pm. Some arrive Thursday. And everywhere inbetween!! There is no way of knowing that most people will arrive at 9am!

[/quot

Nowadays people are turning up earlier and earlier to get the full 5 days-treating like a holiday as it should be treated, we will be there first thing as usual expecting a que.

I would rather spend 1k for the 2 of us on 5 days at a festival than go abroad, roll on June the 8th 9am