Announcement Tonight/Tomorrow Morning for more acts

Guest CBrown

Would really like to see Brandon Flowers and Big Talk announced but it seems both will be back recording on the Killers new album by that stage of the summer. Hopefully at the next announcement tho....

Edited by bren2001

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another nail in the V coffin. Just confirms my reasoning not to get a ticket this year. The Noisettes, remind me about them again??? One track wasnt it. The Lost Prophets is the only decent addition and they played a few years back.... I think The Wanted sum it all up for me.

I understand the comments re: The Wanted, but I'm not at all surprised to see them, it's who I expected.

For me I'll probably see Good Charlotte and Chipmunk, who was a filler for me last year but actually turned out to be pretty good.

Re: the Noisettes - they had more than one hit (maybe not a lot more, true) and a big album - I saw them support Maximo and they more than held their own. Excellent band and the lead is an excellent performer, will be taking them in too.

I read in an interview with lostprophets' lead singer tht when they played v last time he was going through a dark time and was high off his face.... i think you can tell by the way he looks on videos on youtube! also that year they headlined Download so must have been a bit of a joke being low down on the bill at V in comparison.

I read in an interview with lostprophets' lead singer tht when they played v last time he was going through a dark time and was high off his face.... i think you can tell by the way he looks on videos on youtube! also that year they headlined Download so must have been a bit of a joke being low down on the bill at V in comparison.

Lostprophets last time they played V, they were a member down and took the utter piss, they talked more than played songs and clearly was just there to pick up the cash, think this time could be different, then they had just headlined Download and probably thought we won't have to do this shows again soon, but they haven't stayed at that level and have since fallen back down the pecking order, think they'll try a bit harder at V this year

The Futureheads reference, they were low main stage and the crowd weren't into them at all, so at the end when they went off they muttered something like thanks for being such a shit crowd, at least we still got paid or something like that.

Its not just V, I remember at Reading 2005, The Charlatans were 5th down on main stage and the crowd were not into them whatsoever, sign of Readings crowd changing there, and at the end they said something similar to Futureheads and also said they shouldn't be playing so far down the bill and they'll never play this shit fest again. Fair play to them, they haven't.

yea in fairness the futureheads are a reading band, the charlatans are a v band and lostprophets being booked again i ave no idea why at v but i guess if below kaiser chiefs kinda makes sense. they were very average at reading 09.

just hoping for manics under the script now

yea in fairness the futureheads are a reading band, the charlatans are a v band and lostprophets being booked again i ave no idea why at v but i guess if below kaiser chiefs kinda makes sense. they were very average at reading 09.

just hoping for manics under the script now

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...