2012 Line Up

Guest rahblud

Ahhh thanks, just thought the forum would be buzzing with excitement.

Never been to V and I don't exactly fit the age demographic now (I'm in my 30's), but The Killers are my band!! Everyone has one and they are mine. The news that they will be co-headlining has made me think a day ticket is the way to go for me.

Would love Biffy to be there but guessing that doesn't really fit with V. (now if they were co-headlining, well!!!)

Of the V type bands I'm hoping that any of The Vaccines, The Kooks, Noel Gallagher and HFB, Snow Patrol (although already ruled out) or Mumford and Sons are there on that day too. Well at least 1 would be nice!!

There is obviously plenty more, but they are the bands that are taking over my iPod at them minute

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seen the new additions to the line up page?

We now have

Killers and Noel Gallagher TBC as headliners one day

Stone Roses TBC for the other day

and then also TBC

Tom Jones

The Proclaimers

Example

Professor Green

Ed Sheeran

I don't understand why Jessie J isn't on the rumours, Id bet everything I own on her playing.

The Proclaimers being added automaticaly makes the fest look 10x shitter, hate them.

V need to book Vaccines, Maximo Park, White Lies etc to save this for me, otherwise what Ive seen so far I won't be bothering.

We now have

and then also TBC

Tom Jones

The Proclaimers

Example

Professor Green

Ed Sheeran

I don't understand why Jessie J isn't on the rumours, Id bet everything I own on her playing.

The Proclaimers being added automaticaly makes the fest look 10x shitter, hate them.

V need to book Vaccines, Maximo Park, White Lies etc to save this for me, otherwise what Ive seen so far I won't be bothering.

We now have

and then also TBC

Tom Jones

The Proclaimers

Example

Professor Green

Ed Sheeran

So here's who looks like they're 100% playing

STONE ROSES

THE KILLERS

NOEL GALLAGHER

DAVID GUETTA

ED SHEERAN

JESSIE J

EXAMPLE

PROFESSOR GREEN

THE STRANGLERS

TOM JONES

THE PROCLAIMERS

JAMES MORRISON

Then you have the strong chances of

FLORENCE

CHASE N STATUS

OLLY MURS

TINEE TEMPAH

LABRINTH

KATY B

Edited by luckysalt

We now have

and then also TBC

Tom Jones

The Proclaimers

Example

Professor Green

Ed Sheeran

To be honest if Flo can headline Latitude and then go onto sub T then so can Elbow although it was two years ago that Flo headlined it. Elbow into Stone Roses is a good shout. Are Elbow subbing Kasabian at T? It'd be like V getting the different sub from T on different days, defo not unheard of.

The Killers co headline with Noel Gallagher. This was quite good how it took a long time to think as know one expected Noel not to sub The Roses, but then I thought in my last post last night, maybe he just won't knowing that he would NOT miss the Roses.

The Stone Roses with Snow Patrol as a sub

well the rumours so far are enough to make me happy. my last v was 2008 and i didnt see myself coming back but the roses alone was enough to do this. the addition of noel and the killers is fine by me, believe or not the last time i saw the killers was on the nme stage at v in 2004 so ive managed to escape the overkill! wouldnt mind seeing them if none of the other stage headliners appeal.

in terms of other additions id like to see im still holding out hope for paul weller to appear somewhere. hes doing the rounds again this year with his new lp out in march and seems to pop up at v every few years. 3rd or 4th top on mainstage one day would seem about right.

also hoping that the charlatans put in an appearance, another v regular and are touring tellin stories album this year.

aside from that, maximo park seem to be doing the rounds again and are always a good festival band,same for the rifles, mystery jets have a new album out and are excellent live, j cole is doing wireless and id like to see him pop up at v too as his debut lp was one of the best hip hop albums of last year in my book. in terms of newer bands, these would probably come in later announcements but id love to see all the young - who were ace supporting the kaisers recently, lana del ray would be cool to see, and the twilight sad who are more reading/leeds yes but could easily play in the same way frightened rabbit did a couple of years ago.

v always seems to have the odd suprise up its sleeve too ala sonic youth in 05, iggy and the stooges in 07 and eels in 10, would be amazing if something similar happened this year and we had a cult legend like that playing such as the jesus and mary chain or the lemonheads or something. i wont hold my breath on that though!

the only thing im slightly disappointed in is the rumours surrounding the dancier acts on the bill, chase and status and swedish house mafia dont really do much for me. id love for the chemical brothers, orbital or prodigy to be about but not looking likely and obviously ruled out completely in prodigys case. someone on here did mention justice though who i saw recently and were amazing, they dont seem like a typical v act but who knows.