Standon Calling R.I.P

Guest zahidf

Hi, It's not RIP - their PR has said, "I can confirm that Standon Calling will be going ahead on 11th – 14th Aug 2011. We have all the same teams board as previous years in terms of production and booking and are looking forward to announcing our theme and first wave of line ups this month after having just sold out of our early bird tickets in record time."

I wish him well full stop. He didn't rip off anyone concerned with the Festival, indeed he went to great lengths to keep the Festival afloat and ensure all the bills were paid, partly out of his own pocket. For that he deserves some respect.

Yes, he foolishly took money from Tesco to pay other Festival bills and for that he has paid a heavy price. But all the money taken from Tesco has been repaid so at the end of the day nobody has lost out except the guy himself.

And Standon Calling itself can continue which is good news.