rock werchter 2011

Guest thetime

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not long now people!!

I have just booked our flights to brussels for 6 of us.....does anyone know how much a minibus from the airport to werchter will be roughly? ive seen on google maps thats its only about 17miles, so though i may aswell get us all in a minibus and straight there....to save messing about with coaches or trains!

Any info would be great!! cheers!

Not long now people!!

I have just booked our flights to brussels for 6 of us.....does anyone know how much a minibus from the airport to werchter will be roughly? ive seen on google maps thats its only about 17miles, so though i may aswell get us all in a minibus and straight there....to save messing about with coaches or trains!

Any info would be great!! cheers!

• 3 weeks later...

I did RW last year and the lineup is miles better for 2011 :angry:.

Sneaky tip for people though - if you're hotel/hostelling it - try Mechelen. Every seems to be stay in Leuven which makes prices really high - stayed at Egmont last year and it was a decent location and price was really good.

Edited by LessthanJack

I was thinking to stay at a hotel in Brussel, bit i've noticed that the trains dont run from Leuven to Brussel at night. Does anybody know how difficult it is to get a taxi at night from Leuven (or Werchter) to Brussel. Will there be taxis lined up at Leuven at night or do you need to book in advance? Any idea of what it will cost to take the taxi from Leuven to Brussel?

• 3 weeks later...

Im thinking of buying a ticket last minute, just wanted some advice? :) We are going to fly to chorleroi and i saw this advice on the official website:

"Bus line A connects the airport with Charerloi-Sud train station. There is no direct train to Leuven. So you had better take a train which calls at Brussel-Noord station. There you can change for a train to Leuven. At Leuven station you may use De Lijn’s special shuttle service, which offers a permanent connection from and to Werchter’s Festival park."

I was wondering what times the trains and shuttle bus's will run? I see a flight that gets in at 20:50 on the wednesday so would it be possible to get from charleroi to the festival this late on? Or do you think we would be better to get a flight the day before?

Also do you think it would be a real challenge to get a flight from charerloi at 10am the morning after the festival finishes? Do the shuttle buses travel during the night? Thanks for any help!

Edited by GrahamWalker

Im thinking of buying a ticket last minute, just wanted some advice? :) We are going to fly to chorleroi and i saw this advice on the official website:

"Bus line A connects the airport with Charerloi-Sud train station. There is no direct train to Leuven. So you had better take a train which calls at Brussel-Noord station. There you can change for a train to Leuven. At Leuven station you may use De Lijn’s special shuttle service, which offers a permanent connection from and to Werchter’s Festival park."

I was wondering what times the trains and shuttle bus's will run? I see a flight that gets in at 20:50 on the wednesday so would it be possible to get from charleroi to the festival this late on? Or do you think we would be better to get a flight the day before?

Also do you think it would be a real challenge to get a flight from charerloi at 10am the morning after the festival finishes? Do the shuttle buses travel during the night? Thanks for any help!

shuttles finish on the wednesday about 10am so Id imagine you would miss it. Getting a flight to brussels would be somuch quicker as its just a quick train to leuven. theres also alternatives like the eurotunnel or coach.

they dont run all night but run until 3amish on the sunday night/monday morning so you will have only a couple of hours wait until the trains start running on the monday morning.

Edited by GrahamWalker

trains in belgium are free with festivalticket

so don't book in advance, maybe you do have to pay an extra tax* on the line between the airport and brussels-city (diablo tax).

(the airport station = Brussel nationaal-luchthaven)

takes +- fifteen/twenty minutes to leuven

and then a little fifteen minutes by bus to werchter

easy easy! you'll see!

have fun

trains in belgium are free with festivalticket

so don't book in advance, maybe you do have to pay an extra tax* on the line between the airport and brussels-city (diablo tax).

(the airport station = Brussel nationaal-luchthaven)

takes +- fifteen/twenty minutes to leuven

and then a little fifteen minutes by bus to werchter

easy easy! you'll see!

have fun

• 2 weeks later...

hi all i bought a e ticket of ebay and im driving all the way from birmingham to werchter, are these e tickets safe? as the person who sold it me could just print it off aswell couldnt they?

could antone tell me how far b1 is from the arena and if you have anymore tips on my epic journey.

thanks

house44 - the person could print the tickets as well but they have individual codes so it won't be possible for both of You to enter. I don't think anybody would be so cruel to do the scenario you described though....

Anyway, Looking for a transport to UK after the festival, 2 people and luggage, happy to share the costs of gas etc, preferably London but anywhere in the UK will do. :)

Please drop me a PM or a mail at andrzej.cholewa at o2.pl if You can take us (me and my gf)

Much appreciated

Edited by eternality