Creamfields Was a Disaster

Guest Dom Ford

My Reason for Not going again, i think after you read this you will understand why.Fair enough saturday day was booming, got there just after 12 pitched up the tent. Got Liquored!had a good time @ the ape tent, rusko was great! DeadMau5 was TOO busy! couldnt move let alone dance! Lots of Trouble causing Stereotypical scoucers about (Location Trackies, starting fights etc)so i left mainstage.. went to watch pete tong. I was having a blast!Went back to my tent at about 12 for a power nap before going back to watch Crookers at 2.00am. One of my friends was intoxicated, its safe to say he wasnt going anywhere that night so myself and another lad decided to stay back with him!he fell asleep and i got my head down myself..@ 4am, was awoken by a load of loud mouth scoucers.. walking around near our tents shouting "check that big one there", "ive got another iphone lads" & "ive got a knife, who wants cutting" so naturally i froze in my tent pretty much in terror as i had just woken up not knowing weather any of my friends were about... i hear one scoucer shouting "give us yer wallet and all your money" and the reply he got was "i havent got anything on me" after that reply i hear screams you only hear in films, horriffic". i heard them run off, one claiming he would get done for manslaughter if he was caught. After i knew they had gone, without touching my small tent. i got out and checked the tents. Just so happened that my friend that was paraletic had been confronted them when they were rummaging through the front of his tent. one booted him in the face one was punching him and another hit him over the head several times with a mallet. Ive never seen so much blood in one place, all over the tent! covered his face in blood along with the scars, broken nose black eyes and a 6cm long, 2cm deep gash reaching his scull in the top of his head!he got rushed to hospital, and we left the fields shortly after 5am after if took the police about 40 minuted to arrive. Later on sunday we recieved the news that one of the lads in a tent local to us got slashed across his eye with a blade when he was confronted for his wallet in the early hours of the morning.i appreciate it if you have took the time to read this, and hope you all had a good time whilst you were there. Just please remember this and be careful next year if you go and camp again!EDIT: Just found out that the lad involved was intoxicated but knowingly wasnt on any drugs. Dom

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was in red and saw absolutely no trouble at all! All these stories on here sound like a load of rubbish.

I had an absolutely awesome time all weekend, didn't feel unsafe at any time and of course the music was amazing from start to finish and I will DEFINATELY be returning next year.

Don't be put off by the fake stories you here people, remember if serious stuff like that was real you'd hear about it somewhere a bit more reliable than on internet forum of some random...

xx :)

I was in red and saw absolutely no trouble at all! All these stories on here sound like a load of rubbish.

I had an absolutely awesome time all weekend, didn't feel unsafe at any time and of course the music was amazing from start to finish and I will DEFINATELY be returning next year.

Don't be put off by the fake stories you here people, remember if serious stuff like that was real you'd hear about it somewhere a bit more reliable than on internet forum of some random...

xx :)

Well I didnt come across any trouble, everyone camping around me were friendly and chatted to us INCLUDING the scousers. Thought it had a good atmosphere and was one of the best festivals Ive been too. Shame when one bad thing happens at these events thats all that is focused on and the positive things are forgotten about...I will definetly go again next year!

Quite suprising to hear about all this. I was on the Red campsite and saw/heard no trouble at all.

There was a clear LACK of security on the campsites though. Throughout the night I cant actually recall seing ANY security at all.

How many campsites does Creamfields have? 3, 4?

So, hows about 10 Security gaurds per campsite on a Night Patroll?

Thats 40 security gaurds being paid lets say £6 per hour for an 8 hour shift.

That would cost Creamfields £500 over the 2 nights. Which is NOTHING considering the amount of money they make.

Disgrace.

"In reference to the reports of the robberies that took place on the Saturday night in the Campsite. Police have confirmed a small number of robberies have been reported to them, all of which took place in the campsite and would appear to have been undertaken by the same group of approximately 10 young males. Clearly this type of crime is very unacceptable and we can only apologise to the customers who were the victims of this crime and to those who it has also affected.

What I can assure is that the incident was and continues to be taken seriously by the Festival’s Management team. Staff were deployed to the area but what is clear is that the deployment of security and Police to that area did not address the issue quick enough and we are sorry for that. We can confirm that an individual was apprehended in the act of committing the robbery and the police have arrested that person.

Police were also able to detain 9 other individuals who were not arrested but were given formal dispersal notices to leave the area immediately. During this process its important to remember that one of our customers had to go to hospital, he has now been released from hospital and on the mend and I can confirm that our staff are working with the Police to ensure that the person arrested is convicted through the Courts.

Crime prevention is a key priority for Creamfields and we try to keep the right balance between high profile Policing and Security whilst still trying to maintain a great Festival experience where our customers have an environment at which they can enjoy themselves. We use a number of operations both overtly and covertly so that we can target those that we feel may potentially be a risk to the event and its customers whilst not impeding on the enjoyment of those customers that clearly arent causing us a problem.

The crime statistics just released by the Police are very low when considering the amount of people on site and whilst we clearly want to reduce them even further, overall I’m very happy with the results for what was a great festival weekend.

In total there have been only 18 thefts from tents and only 8 reported thefts from cars during the event. Whilst we want to get this down to zero its a low figure when considering that over 9000 cars and 40000 people were on site.

Please be assured that we will continue to use our best endeavors to reduce crime even further next year and maintain Creamfields’ current position as statistically one of the safest festivals in the UK.” Creamfields Festival Director.

Guest musiclove123

"In reference to the reports of the robberies that took place on the Saturday night in the Campsite. Police have confirmed a small number of robberies have been reported to them, all of which took place in the campsite and would appear to have been undertaken by the same group of approximately 10 young males. Clearly this type of crime is very unacceptable and we can only apologise to the customers who were the victims of this crime and to those who it has also affected.

What I can assure is that the incident was and continues to be taken seriously by the Festival’s Management team. Staff were deployed to the area but what is clear is that the deployment of security and Police to that area did not address the issue quick enough and we are sorry for that. We can confirm that an individual was apprehended in the act of committing the robbery and the police have arrested that person.

Police were also able to detain 9 other individuals who were not arrested but were given formal dispersal notices to leave the area immediately. During this process its important to remember that one of our customers had to go to hospital, he has now been released from hospital and on the mend and I can confirm that our staff are working with the Police to ensure that the person arrested is convicted through the Courts.

Crime prevention is a key priority for Creamfields and we try to keep the right balance between high profile Policing and Security whilst still trying to maintain a great Festival experience where our customers have an environment at which they can enjoy themselves. We use a number of operations both overtly and covertly so that we can target those that we feel may potentially be a risk to the event and its customers whilst not impeding on the enjoyment of those customers that clearly arent causing us a problem.

The crime statistics just released by the Police are very low when considering the amount of people on site and whilst we clearly want to reduce them even further, overall I’m very happy with the results for what was a great festival weekend.

In total there have been only 18 thefts from tents and only 8 reported thefts from cars during the event. Whilst we want to get this down to zero its a low figure when considering that over 9000 cars and 40000 people were on site.

Please be assured that we will continue to use our best endeavors to reduce crime even further next year and maintain Creamfields’ current position as statistically one of the safest festivals in the UK.” Creamfields Festival Director.

Condolences to your friend, however, I think what may have been forgotten by many of you singling Creamfields out for having robberies/attacks is that, to a large extent, such things are inevitable at a festival of such size.

My weekend at Creamfields was amazing, I thought it was a brilliant festival and, contrary to many previous comments, I felt completely safe considering it was my first time there.

For those who said that the Red campsite was unsafe, and lacking security, I disagree - I was pretty much smack bang in the middle of the red campsite and could regularly hear security patrolling up and down the path which my tent was set beside.

Again, I think it is important to understand that such events at a festival are inevitable; and the title 'Creamfields was a disaster' is completely inaccurate in mine, and indeed many other peoples opinion who I saw there.

For anyone reading this thread, I think it is important to take into consideration that it is much more likely for those who have had a negative experience to find the time to report on it, as opposed to the thousands of people who had an absolutely amazing weekend!!!

Bring on Creamfields 2011! :)

I was also on the red campsite and seen these gangs, it annoys me atthe fact people would think we would come on and make this up. I have been 6 times to creamfields and every year i used to read stories and think they where untrue but however after my weekend i can honestley say i wont be going back. I feared for my life as i had to hear the poor boy who was malleted cry and scream. I am totally disgusted and i still think cream and cheshire police are covering something up.

It angers me that in yesterdays echo a spokeswoman for cheshire police said that the security and policing went very well, its a joke and im really upset about it, the police are s**t as they said they couldnt do anything due to peoples guidelines of there tents.

I feel sorry for the people hurt i had to hear these boys stand in r circle bragging about who they hurt, so everyone who had a good time and doesnt believe what where saying i dont really care

I stayed in the yellow campsire with fellow e-festers which was relatively quiet. This year the security checks were an absolute joke. Going into the campsite I never had my bag checked at all, not even scanned with a metal detector for knifes or any other weapons. I walked through with a glass bottle with ease. Last year they opened my bags and checked what was in them. Walking back from the arena to the campsite, I was not checked once for my wristband to make sure that I was camping. Last year there were 10 or so security with torches making sure NOBODY got through who was not camping. What the hell happened this year? Why did they check no bags? Whey did they not check wristbands? There should be actual police officers patrolling the camp, not security guards. Most of these security guards are actual bouncers on the nigtclub doors, and thugs themselves. I am very upset to hear about what has happened this year. I know it happens, but this year it was bound to happen with such a lack of security checks/patrols. What else have the cheshire police got to do, they should be all over the campsites keeping it safe. Even though I will probably go next year, it still angers me to see the level of safety go down from last year instead of up. GET ON IT CREAMFIELDS!

Edited by jon19870

I cant believe no one checked wristbands?? I was in hospitality and we had our wristbands checked at least twice before we were allowed in to camp, thinking about it even coming out of camp to the arena they checked too! I had my bag searched 98% of the time we went in to the arena. There were about 8 police officers at the gates between the campsite and arena, police dogs too, they were often doing random checks - body searches.

I do agree tho on the way in to cream my bag wasnt searched, the lady took one look at all our stuff and said "i cant be bothered to go through that, have you got any glass in there?" we said no n she just waved us through. We did see one man standing there being completley searched, socks off and all.

I am really surprised about all the stories on here, i felt so safe and thought everything went smoothly - how wrong was i!

Again, we need to get a sense of perspective on this. So far the stories of rape appear to be just that, stories. Until there is a little more evidence I have to take those with a pinch of salt. Remeber that in 2009 stories were rife of shootings in the Cream tent on the Saturday night but they turned out to be nothing more than Chinese whispers.

As regards the assaults and robberies, they were obviously shocking and I really feel for the victims. Unfotunately this will happen at these kind of events and does happen at others. People must make their own mind up about whether these sort of incidents will stop them going in future. I personally will be back next year as I believe it to be a relatively safe event from my personal experience of 9 Creamfields although some common sense precautions do need to be taken. Also the odds of it happening to you are very small (again I know this is no consolation to those that were attacked). Some people, understandably, do not think it worth it, particularly those who witnessed or were victims of the incidents.

Let's not let this degenerate into a slanging match full of paranoia. I am in no way naive and know that there may be some underhand things going on from people with their own ulterior motives but arguing about it on here will achieve nothing.

Peace :)

I think it is a joke how people can be saying these stories are made up and lies.

I went to creamfields for the first time this year with my girlfriend, we only had a saturday ticket because my girlfriend didnt want to camp and i`m glad we didnt as even the day ticket alone was enough for me.

I am surprised at this as i have been wanting to go for the past 3 years.

We arrived at the venue to be guided into the campers car park by all the happy go lucky stewards (not) and got stung 15£ for parking. After a que of over an hour we then had to wander around the campsite as it was to early to get in. I was under the impression strictly no day ticket bands allowed in campsite??? Once we eventually got the go ahead to enter the venue our bags hardly got searched and as i approached the police officer with the scanner i stood in front with my arms out and he laughed saying " go on pal your alright" i think this was a joke as i could of had anything on me. We saw the sniffer dogs twice early on and never again and when we saw the police they were to busy chatting and posing for photos. The sound quality along with the line ups wasn`t the best. All this coupled with the creatures that seemed to come out once it went dark made me think it wasn`t worth any more hassle so we went at 11pm.

Maybe we just picked the worst year i don`t know but next year we will be giving it a miss!

you have to ask yourself why alexogilvie and hollydoll both joined as newbie efestival forum members on the same day, just after creamfields were notified of this thread.

they have both made one or two posts - on this thread, nowhere else - then gone.

similar thing happened when there were complaints about the green tent company at download earlier this year. green tent people set up fake accounts to try and post that the tents were okay.

it truly shows up a business for what it is when they start playing that sort of game.

you have to ask yourself why alexogilvie and hollydoll both joined as newbie efestival forum members on the same day, just after creamfields were notified of this thread.

they have both made one or two posts - on this thread, nowhere else - then gone.

similar thing happened when there were complaints about the green tent company at download earlier this year. green tent people set up fake accounts to try and post that the tents were okay.

it truly shows up a business for what it is when they start playing that sort of game.

we were in the red camp and had no trouble at all we were just behind the ice cream van !

has no trouble at all over the weekend and got really good mates who we raved with till the early hours !

we all watched over each others tents when the others wernt there and worked great !

terrible to hear of the girl possibly being raped and to the guy in the original post

hope these things gets sorted asap

all in all for us we had an amazing trouble free weekend and will be camping again !

we swappped numbers and facebook etc with the guys we met and are arranging to all meet again next year as

out own personal camping police worked a treat

Its horrendous that people are saying that these accounts of what happenned are actually made up! i have been to creamfields 4 times and took two festival virgins with me this year. All I did before we went was bang on about how safe it it and how I have never had any trouble and how much I love the creamfields atmosphere. I was really really shocked at the lack of secuirty and all the incidents.

Also for other people saying that they camped in red and they had no trouble - do you know how big the red campsite is? Its clear that the trouble was all in one area. I think I was camped next to one of these stupid gangs and I was very close the the arena entrance, once you come over the hill it was about 100 meters down and about 50 meters in. I thought the guys were just mouthing off and never felt unsafe at any point.

I never once had my wristband checked, i never had my bag searched, i didnt see any sniffer dogs, i didnt see any campsite security. They need to do what V fest do and have a dude sat up in a lifeguard style tower with a torch and a big loudspeaker. If anyone was doing anything they shouldnt they got shouted at! he was there all night and throughout the day. I reckon he could see pretty far from where he was!

Its not going to stop me going again, but i think I might stay in a hotel or go back to manchester for the night!

Guest musiclove123

I think it is a joke how people can be saying these stories are made up and lies.

I went to creamfields for the first time this year with my girlfriend, we only had a saturday ticket because my girlfriend didnt want to camp and i`m glad we didnt as even the day ticket alone was enough for me.

I am surprised at this as i have been wanting to go for the past 3 years.

We arrived at the venue to be guided into the campers car park by all the happy go lucky stewards (not) and got stung 15£ for parking. After a que of over an hour we then had to wander around the campsite as it was to early to get in. I was under the impression strictly no day ticket bands allowed in campsite??? Once we eventually got the go ahead to enter the venue our bags hardly got searched and as i approached the police officer with the scanner i stood in front with my arms out and he laughed saying " go on pal your alright" i think this was a joke as i could of had anything on me. We saw the sniffer dogs twice early on and never again and when we saw the police they were to busy chatting and posing for photos. The sound quality along with the line ups wasn`t the best. All this coupled with the creatures that seemed to come out once it went dark made me think it wasn`t worth any more hassle so we went at 11pm.

Maybe we just picked the worst year i don`t know but next year we will be giving it a miss!

First thing i would just like to say is - as a resident of the local area to where creamfields is held, I started to become a bit horrified by some of the stories that i started to read on here.

We live within minutes of the creamfields site . I have infact contacted the police and my local council about the matter's i have read on here. From all source's i and other's who live local we have had a reply. Reports of thefts from tent's was less than 20. Reports of damage of thefts form cars in the car park 8. a small number of robberies were reported to police. during the course of 1 of these robberies a group of 9 to 10 people where arressted. 1 individual was caught in the act and 1 person was taken to hospital. the injuries we have been made aware of though severe are not as bad that have been mentioned on here. there was no reports of rape made to the police. if you was a victim of any crime you should have repoted it. if you saw anything you should have reported it and not just stood there and watched.

when i say this i speak for myself. we had a very good time at creamfields and since it's move from the old liverpool airfields we have found this to become a more friendly place. crime happens at every festival in the world. 2 people where stabbed at global gathering this year, A SERIES of violent incidents marred an otherwise peaceful T in the park, glastonbury has the highest crime rate for any festivel in the uk. both reading and leeds would have had trouble, v festivals have there problems. so it's just not creamfields. i read on here somewhere a company was putting flyers out on cars in the camping car park and noticed a lot of people left sat navs on display in their cars. people were advised to use the on site locker service to place any valubales in.

Edited by creamfields nutter