catching the train

Guest -tom-

Just gone for the (saturday) day ticket this year - just wondering when I'd have to leave the site to catch a midnight train? Would I have any chance of watching all the headliner? Problem is I'll be stranded in reading with nowhere to stay and no tent until half 5 if i don't make it! Thanks for any advice

Tom

the train station is about 20 mins walk from the festival gates.

it will take you a while though to get out of the crowd, and from the arena to the gate (probably at least another 15 mins, and if it's straight after a headliner it will take a bit longer still as everyone is leaving at that time).

headliners have always finished at 11.30pm at Reading.

I'd leave my place in the crowd about 11ish if it were me. actually I'd just hang out til 5.30 as that sounds like more fun!

Edited by fantomas

the train station is about 20 mins walk from the festival gates.

it will take you a while though to get out of the crowd, and from the arena to the gate (probably at least another 15 mins, and if it's straight after a headliner it will take a bit longer still as everyone is leaving at that time).

headliners have always finished at 11.30pm at Reading.

I'd leave my place in the crowd about 11ish if it were me. actually I'd just hang out til 5.30 as that sounds like more fun!