2 quick questions please.

Guest thenavyone

Ok, first of all is there anywhere on Glasto that sells thigh high socks? I've left it too late to order online and really need some to wear with wellies and skirts/dresses/shorts!

Second question is really random so bear with me. Is there anywhere on Glasto you can get a bit of Exercise? I'm training for a marathon and just wanted to do a quick 30 minute run so I don't feel it so much when I get back? But can also do something like Yoga if that's on offer. Just something to keep me ticking over!

Thanks!

You can buy pretty much anything onsite so you may well find thigh high socks. I know i've seen knee high ones before.

As for exercise - for me just getting around the site is enough! But if you're looking for some more full on training, I expect you could find something to suit. I've never seen anything like yoga, but I wouldn't mind betting there's somewhere in the greenfields where you can do it. As for a run, the site's generally a bit busy and people may get in your way. You could always go out of the site though and try a run around the village or somewhere locally (could encounter traffic and difficulty with festival stewards though...)

Thanks Bexxxxx - good to hear about the socks, I'm going to try and pick some up tomorrow but I'm thinking it's the wrong time of the year for anywhere on the high street.

I don't want to leave the site - that just seems to be taking exercise too far! You're right walking around would be exercise enough - fingers crossed I could find some yoga. How busy is the site at 6am, maybe if i'm not feeling too rough I can run then?!

just a point on the exercise, theres plenty of hills.. its getting clean afterwards.

Primark have high socks, if you have one near you. Otherwise you might find cheap footy socks in SportSoccer or something like that?

Yoga - check out the Healing Fields - if you go for a wander on Wednesday you'll be able to ask around while it's quieter.

And as for exercise of the more cardiac type, I think you'll find a few brisk jogs up to Flagtopia will keep you fit and healthy... :)

Thanks for all the great replies everyone - luckily I already have striped socks; phew! ;)

Thigh high are better than knee high as when the roll down (which they inevitably will!) they're still above your wellies :ph34r:

I think we're camping near the Tipis so that could work out well; if you see a crazy blonde in thigh high socks exercising then say hi!

PS> what's a factory outlet shop? :unsure:

Socks:

Yes - there's a clothes stall in West Holts where I bought long socks last yr - they had a good selection. They come to my thighs and I'm pretty average sized.

Excercise:

There's also a pedal-powered stage or stall or something on the main track through the greenfields - you could always have a good go on the bike.

Please do not go for a run round the site. The ground can be really uneven and you could very easily do your ankle in. As for running off site, country roads are main roads and the locals are likely to drive at 60 mph so not safe either. Stick to the greenfields!