Just out of interest...

Guest Lithium05

Me and my mate were discussing the long walk from campsite to arena/car park and came up with a shuttle theory. Would you pay £3-£4 to be taken from the centre of the village to the arena entrance/car park in one of those golf-cart like contraptions the security were zipping around in? I'm sure it would be a nightmare to get through the health and safety brigade, but it came up after the football finished and it was deemed silly to do a 40minute round walk to catch about 40 minutes of RATM.

Would cut a 15-20 minute walk into a 3-5minute journey and if you had 15-20 carts operating in a cordoned off lane of the race track the queue shouldn't be too bad, and it would be a godsend transporting you and your gear to/from the car park....

Lazy I know, but I reckon people would go for it, would just have to sell the organisers on it!... And acquire some golf carts... Opinions?! :lol:

£4?! you're mental!

the shuttle into castle donington is only a quid.

Personally as annoying as the walk was it was only made more annoying when you were surrounded by people, when the walk was reasonably empty i could do it pretty quickly.

Besides, the festival wouldn't do that because it'd take them back about 20 years on the whole 'going green' thing that festivals are trying to do more and more.

FaIr point! :lol:

I said £3 cos that's how much it cost to have a shit in the fancy loos, I figured if people are spending £3 to have a dump they'd pay to not have to walk to the arena :lol:

all very light hearted, not actually going to try and do it :lol:

lol i know

£3 is that how much those loos were? that was my original plan but i managed to get to the portaloos when they were clean and quiet.

one thing i did notice this year was the hairdryer and hair straightener place, was that new?

I also never noticed anybody in it, im guessing it wasnt as popular as it was at reading/leeds :P

Gonna sound a bit harsh here but MTFU! I'm ancient and I thought nothing of the walk. It's a festival. You walk at festivals, it's part of the gig. There's plenty of concerts you can get a taxi to if you're too weak, feeble and lazy to make the walk 2-4 times a day.

You know the biggest problem with this shuttle idea is that people would then whinge about the queue for it and the fact that in the end, it'd actually be quicker to walk!!! ;)

And then you'd have lots of people trying to walk in the road while the shuttles were trying to get through, thus slowing the shuttles down and taking the queue longer. You see where I'm going with this?

Honestly, the walk from the village to the arena was not that bad. Im unfit as hell and I managed it with little to no moaning!!

The walk I did hate was from the car park to the campsite on Wednesday. They could not have put us in a car park further away if they had tried! I thought early entry meant you'd be in the best place, but aparently not! They put us in a car park next to Black campsite. You had to haul your stuff down a huge muddy hill that had no actual path. Then onto a muddy path. Then everything seemed to be closed except black camp, but a nice security man showed us how to get around "the long way" to the village! More muddy paths. It was not fun. Not at all! The next day, I moved my car to a better place, just behind disable parking. 10minutes walk as opposed to 50minutes! Yey me! Rant over!!