The Gaslight anthem

Guest Funkyfairy!

"As for coming over to the UK, the band will play a series of gigs and festival dates throughout the summer, including a return to Glastonbury where they were famously joined onstage by fellow New Jersey resident Bruce Springsteen for what became one of the music highlights of the Summer in 2009. “Playing shows of that magnitude is always humbling in any sense,” he says of the iconic Somerset festival. “But playing with any artists that are of the magnitude of Bruce Springsteen is always humbling”

gideon coe lists them in the DJ recommendations too

http://www.bbc.co.uk/glastonbury/2010/lineup/dj/

I find it strange that The Other Stage opening slot on Sunday is TBC still. If it is The Joy Formidable then why not just announce it? No reason to hold back on such an announcement......

....unless there is abit of swapping and changing going on and it could now be Gaslight Anthem, who are free on that day.

Edited by Owen4567

Unless we hear an update from Glasto I'd take it that they're not playing. All seems a bit of a mess and I'm guessing Glasto had a provisional booking, which then clashed with Gaslight's tour dates. All very odd and annoying.

this is getting a bit silly and mysterious but ... Gaslight Anthem never came out and said they weren't playing Glasto at all, just that they're playing Hard Rock on Friday.

As we've discussed numerous times on here the only time they can play is Sunday and it seemed like all the tba/special guests were called for, so i had counted them out...

and surely there's no way they would make a surprise appearance at Club Dada on Friday night/Sat AM sometime for 50 mins, after their early afternoon slot in Hyde Park that day, giving them time to get back to Brixton Academy gig on Sat night, since those 2 London gigs are so important.

but the fact they haven't said we're not playing Glasto at all (and the festival hasn't apologized for making a mistake either) intrigues me a bit.

This is what they Tweeted a while back:

"we were already confirmed that day for Hard Rock Calling months ago, we're not sure how we got advertised, apologies, but it wasn't us."

i.e. GFL made a mistake.