Return of Arcade Fire

Guest Reading Local

omg!!! its like the return of a long lost friend...so amazing & happy to have them back in my life again! :P:P:lol::P

Zane Lowe played the double A-side 'The Suburbs' and 'Month of May' (played that twice it was so good)

'The Suburbs' will be played again before the show ends at 9pm and then tomorrow at 7.30pm they will be the hottest record in the world - as tomorrow was when they were going to be played for the 1st time but Zane got the vinyl sent through a day earlier, will also have a phone interview with Win at that time as well

Check out the bbc iplayer after the show has been broadcast to listen - 'The Suburbs' was played at 7.45pm ish (45mins in) and 'Month of May' at 8pm (60mins in)

My girlfriend is a fan of theirs and I listened to their first album the other week having never heard of them before.

Please, can somebody put me in the picture with them? Because I'm really struggling to find out why they're so highly regarded.

Why are they considered such a good band by the people who love them?

My girlfriend is a fan of theirs and I listened to their first album the other week having never heard of them before.

Please, can somebody put me in the picture with them? Because I'm really struggling to find out why they're so highly regarded.

Edited by mjsell

I think the album (Funeral, I've not really give Neon Bible that much of a chance as of yet) is something you have divulge yourself in, its more than nice background music you can fade in and out of concentrating on, if you sit and give it a good listen every now and then you'll really begin to appreciate it, it's a definite grower.

I want to start singing "Nicotine, Valium, Vicodin, Marijuana, Ecstasy and Alcohol... C-c-c-c-c-cocaine" to the new song Month of May. Might just be me!!

Pause Month of May and start playing Feel Good Hit of The Summer about a minute in

Album pre-order information and a letter from the band & lyrics for the 2 new songs are all here -

http://www.arcadefire.com/

Can even officially download the 2 new songs for $1.99..bit of a bargain if you ask me :P:P

Interview/Podcast (downloadable) that was done today and listen again of the 2 new songs at this site -

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.p...oryId=127118125

Also a full live recording of a Concert done in NYC in 2007 can also be downloaded from here -

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.p...73765&ps=rs

Edited by Reading Local

Wasn't too sure about Suburbs on a first listen now after like 10 listens over the last two days I have realised its incredible.