Went to the shops and I bought?

Guest NED KELLY

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeeha! half term - I can now plan several shopping trips and start makeing lists and piles of stuff - I love the planning :)

So far this week we have got a couple of boxes of westerns from Tesco at a fiver for 3 liters!! has anyone froze these before in the bladders? if so do we need to empty them a bit first to leave room for expansion?? Some Vodka just need the skittles, plastic knives forks and cups

One of these http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.209-4432.aspx?utm_source=GoogleShopping&utm_medium=GSF_NormalFeed&utm_campaign=GSF_TescoDirect&utm_content=209-4432 nice and small and light and good sound, perfect for listening to to worthy FM round the tent in the mornings.

This Beast http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/50qt-extreme-wheeled-cooler-p175405 gonna load it up wit beers ciders and mixers then leave it in the car till Friday morning = icy cold ones all weekend!!

and one of these, http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/3400236.htm our old sleeping bags are old and knackered and didn't Fancie the mummy ones again (to much of a struggle to get in at silly o clock in the morning pissed as a fart) gonna test it out first and if we don't like it take it back, was cheaper and smaller than getting a new bed and sleeping bags x2

So far this week we have got a couple of boxes of westerns from Tesco at a fiver for 3 liters!! has anyone froze these before in the bladders? if so do we need to empty them a bit first to leave room for expansion?? Some Vodka just need the skittles, plastic knives forks and cups

I now have 2 man tent from ASDA -£12, shorts (optimism!), wellys (not so much optimism), florescent uv paint, a kettle and an inflatable mattress. I dithered over the last item, but realised after two Kendal calling festivals and a camping trip of my own where I manage to pop a lilo on the first night, matress seemed a better option. £8 ASDA should you too be interested 8-)

I now have 2 man tent from ASDA -£12, shorts (optimism!), wellys (not so much optimism), florescent uv paint, a kettle and an inflatable mattress. I dithered over the last item, but realised after two Kendal calling festivals and a camping trip of my own where I manage to pop a lilo on the first night, matress seemed a better option. £8 ASDA should you too be interested 8-)

Will have my trailer tent for the first time this year so to make it homely

2 x Chairs (not to be erected 10 feet from stage front, on pain of death)

1 x Folding Table

3 x cheapo frying pans

2 x packs tent pegs

1 x Tin Spagetti & Meatballs

3 x Ainsley Harriott Cous Cous

Looking at one of these too Not really a bum-bag to try and dispense with daypack this year.

Edited by TheNewUnion

On a roll now, goona have to ban myself from fleabay!! Along with the strawberry Brothers, we have brought.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120645122353&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT worth a punt for a fiver.

And to keep the Mrs happy, lights for the tent http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270747342857&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

And her very own torch http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170450890173&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Edited by swell

I got all off my camping gear already, going to get booze and food on a closer date but I'm planning on getting clothes and other fun things out of the way this week.

Need a smallish bag that can fit things I need to carry with me that stays securely closed, the bag I used last year just about fitted most of my things but it had those magnetic buttons and they would pop open a lot.

And want to get some comfy shorts and dresses so I can pack light.

I got a blue Vango 300 from Millets, but as it looks like it's sold out I won't bother linkying it. I had a cute 3 man flowery tent since about 2006, but I took it to Bearded Theory and it was full of mildew so it had to be retired, sadly. This one looks like a perfect replacement though, and they were selling it off for £36.99 so not a bad price for the spec.

I've been on a bit of a blowout this year (not on the scale of mama '2 trolleys' jojo though!).

So far:

2nd tent

FunkyFestival Trolley

Bamboo socks (mmmmm....comfy)

Spare phone battery (I relented when I discovered I could get one for less than a packet of fags)

USB solar charger (rubbish, pure rubbish, don't know why I wasted my money without first reading the specs)

2 litres of Russian standard vodka that has been skittled up and stood on the side in plastic bottles for about 6 weeks already

Snackbars (been stocking up for weeks, sadly when I checked the results of this it appears I have only 2 packs...I LOVE having teenage kids)

Couple of pairs of cons to utterly destroy

Considering that I already had enough stuff to comfortably enjoy a festival I think this is pretty extravagent. I had been determined to travel as lightweight as possible and that doesn't look quite so likely now.

I still need to get:

Small camping stove/cookset/kettle for saving the pennies by cooking at the tent

stuffs to cook with above stove

7 million bungee cords. No more, no less.

On a roll now, goona have to ban myself from fleabay!! Along with the strawberry Brothers, we have brought.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120645122353&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT worth a punt for a fiver.

And to keep the Mrs happy, lights for the tent http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270747342857&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

And her very own torch http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170450890173&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

As I've a few busy weekends ahead - I have taken advantage of a quiet day to pull my packing list and shopping plan together. I am now feeling a lot more chilled than my last visit, where it was all a tad last minute!

And very glad I did so too, as my festival phone (my ole Samsung G600) has gone to mobile heaven. Booooooo. So I have flea-bayed a replacement... I have also been on the Welly hunt, after my last pair gave up the ghost at Bestival (4 festival veterans they were!) - Back to Homebase we go!.

Outside of that, my buying list is limited to food, drink and painkillers....

I've bought alcohol and wet wipes! Need to get the camping bags out of the loft to see what is left from last year and what we need to replace!

I do love shopping for Glasto though!

Would you mind letting me know how you get on with delivery of the top two items - I'm always wary of buying from sellers based in HK - prices are cheap but I've heard about unexpected delivery charges so never bother. And also the pig torch - I got one of those too, except mine was blue, and £1.50 in Focus...

Ordered a far bit from HK over the past few years, from spare battery's for phones and cameras to phone cases in car charges etc never had a problem yet. 6 months ago got a camera on line for £500 before it was available in the UK , got pulled by customs and had to pay an additional £30 at a latter date so no real stress. Would say based on experience anything under £50 goes straight through customs unnoticed. Also they all quote 3 weeks for delivery but mostly turn up about 7 days later. :)

Im after some kind of wallet or something more secure than just wallet in my pocket, to try and minimise the chances of me losing it/falling out of pockets :(

Seen a few arm wallet things, strap to your arm etc - but surely it could still fall off, if not more likely to?

How about some sort of necklace/wallet arrangement. Eg: hang it around your neck, under your shirt.

I live in cargo shorts so my wallet is always safely buttoned inside a pocket. I keep lose change and a couple of notes in a seperate pocket and only get the wallet out to pay for major things/transfer £20 to the pocket.