Tips for thursday?

Guest lievepaula

Check out the bands at Spotify or Myspace

Two door Cinema Club are awesome but the crowds could be pretty big remember there will be 50 to 80 ,000 people on site Thursday and only 1 live main venue running

Dirty Boots cafe was awesome last year on the Thursday and Newton Faulkner played

Also the Avalon stages will have plenty of entertainment so as others have said its a good day just to wander

check out my blog for heaps of further useless information and great stories

http://glastoblogger.com

During the daytime, explore the Craft and Healing Fields, Green Futures, Greenpeace, The Park, etc. Lots to see in all these places. Try to find the stone dragon. And at night some of the latenight areas should be open. Last year Shangri-la was, but Trash City wasn't open on Thursday, so hopefully some or all the areas will be open on Thursday this year. Also, there's a silent disco in the Park and one in Dance Village.

Bands? I might go see Boy George for a laugh, or maybe a couple others, depending on what my group wants to do.

Don't think I'll bother with bands on Thursday because I'll be doing looooads of that from Friday-Sunday. I usually just knock about resting my muscles from carrying all my stuff down (does anyone else carry as much as they can physically hold at the car, then half way to your pitch realise that it's not really about what you can lift, but what you can carry!) checking out the stalls and stuff, might watch a film or two in the cinema tent though if something good is on......BEULLER!

Two Door Cinema Club and Local Natives are both playing Queens Head on Thursday. Both good bands, but TDCC are my favourite of the two. Their debut album is good and about £5 on iTunes. The best description I've heard of their sound was from a mate who borrowed the album from me: "They're like Editors, but good."

I saw Beardyman during Fatboy Slim's Beach Boutique in Brighton, and he was excellent. Also, Joy Orbison is possibly one of the only good things to come out of the whole dubstep scene from the last couple of years. Pretty relaxed dubstep and very enjoyable to listen too.

I'm going to be spending most of my time wandering round the festival site on Thursday, mind.

The Match is some kind of sports event? I resent that. :P

Beardy man it is then and Boy George might be sweet (if he will sing You are my sister, I will cry). Two Door Cinema Club sounds nice and I will check out your other suggestions like Joy Orbison. The Efestmeet is thursday at the ciderbus I understand? What time?

Thank you all.....