new announcement

Guest Matticus

An extremely exciting addition to this year’s Sonisphere, the Strongbow Bowtime Bar stage will be showcasing the finest in up and coming talent, giving new bands the chance to play a major festival while providing an alternative from the big names on Apollo, Saturn, and Bohemia Stages.

The first batch of bands confirmed include Surrey Screamo mob All Forgotten, Liverpool heavy rockers The Bendal Interlude , psychedelic metallers Bow And Arrow, metalcore merchants Bury Tomorrow , progged up punk-thrashers Chickenhawk (pictured).

inmeKings Lynn rockers Deaf Havana , hard hitting alt-rockers Failsafe, psychadelic rockers Firebug, Brighton hardcore heroes Ghost Of A Thousand, proggy Essex rockers INME, Danish experi-mentalists Kellermensch, power-pop-punkers Me vs Hero , post-hardcore soundscape sculptors Rinoa, electonica duo Tek One, hardcore metallers While She Sleeps and Harlow alt-rockers The World On Fire, with a whole load more still TBA.

I believe the term is “f**k Yeah, Bring it on”

Flying in from the US for a run of European shows this summer, alternative metallers cKy make their only UK Festival appearance at Knebworth – which frontman Deron Miller singles out as the show they are most looking forward to:

“We love doing the festivals and we love going to Europe” he says, “so Sonisphere is bound to be the biggest highlight of cKy’s summer touring schedule by far.”

After forming in 1998, cKy’s popularity shot through the roof just a year later after a spot on the Warped Tour earnt them a worldwide deal with Volcom entertainment. Continuous exposure on MTV and Jackass propelled them to even greater heights, forcing Volcom to repress “Volume 1” by the tens of thousands. Now an internationally successful act with four albums under their belts, don’t miss cKy as they deliver hits such as “Rio Bravo”, “Disengage The Simulator” and “96 Quite Bitter Beings” at this exclusive festival appearance.

Sabaton will be bringing their powerhouse of epic battle-infused metal to the green hills of Knebworth this year. Between May 2008 and December 2009 Sabaton have managed to perform over 160 shows in more than 20 countries, received honourable citizenships/titles from the Polish government, toured with Hammerfall and Dragonforce, and been honoured with the opportunity to play a headline show in front of 10,000 fans on the battlefield near Wizna where the battle they sing about in the song 40:1 took place exactly 70 years earlier. Bassist Pär Sundström says:

“HELL f**k YES!!! SABATON is going to play Sonisphere UK this year! This is a great opportunity for us as the UK remained a dark spot on the touring plans in the past – but now everything’s gonna be different! We’re set to kick ass and conquer!!! Aside from that it’s just amazingly insane to share the stage with bands like Iron Maiden, Rammstein and Motley Crüe! Who would have thought of this ten years back?! Don’t miss out – it’s gonna be an overwhelming experience! For ALL of us!!!”

I've only seen Ghost of a Thousand out of those so will have to check them out.

So we have 5 stages plus comedy and no doubt loads more things so looks like there is a lot more

choice this year.

Edited by she bangs the drums

I think Comedy will be in Bohemia (as Tin Minchin's site siad it was part of Bohemia's late night hilarity or w/e). So that's 5 stages and I fully expect the Jager truck to make a return from what I was told at the Focus Group Meeting. So I'm guessing that will be the 6th, and will probably be announced closer to the time as I think Jager sorts out it and the bands for it anyways.

Anyways CKY,Sabaton are awesome additions and a few of the smaller strongbow bands sound pretty good :P

• 3 weeks later...