Main Stage and Lockup changed location

Guest craigb

y2009 Map

http://2009.leedsfestival.com//_Resources/...9_Sitemap_1.pdf

2010 Map

http://media.livenation.co.uk/fido/publish...O_Sitemap_4.pdf

The main stage and the lockup have both been moved for this year. Maybe to help with the bottlenecking after the headliners on mainstage

other changes:a

Extra gate in orange

Gaymers cider garden in white gone

Tuborg Amp it up in white gone

All Cigarettes stalls gone

Maybe not a complete map yet or the sponsorship from tuborg and gaymers????

Edited by craigb

It does look like the lock-up stage is closer, so FR not listening to peoples suggestions about sound from main and LU.

The bar and toilets are gonna be harder to get to, fighting through the crowds of the main stage and any crowd going to or leaving the lock up.

Also noticed the funfair rides look closer to lock up, whats the chances of them getting rid of the stupid music and sounds. It gets suggested every year... all you can hear inbetween songs on the lock up is the rides. If it gets rammed its shocking near the outside of tent

However the map may not be to scale and just a general guide???

Edited by craigb

It does look like the lock-up stage is closer, so FR not listening to peoples suggestions about sound from main and LU.

The bar and toilets are gonna be harder to get to, fighting through the crowds of the main stage and any crowd going to or leaving the lock up.

Also noticed the funfair rides look closer to lock up, whats the chances of them getting rid of the stupid music and sounds. It gets suggested every year... all you can hear inbetween songs on the lock up is the rides. If it gets rammed its shocking near the outside of tent

Hopefully they'll move the LU stage

And also make it bigger

noticed on the posters than LU tent was actually smaller in 09 than it was in 08

the smaller size of the tent may have made the surrounding sound more noticable

hopefully should change it back this year

How long is the walk from Radio1/NME to Main Stage? (time wise)

depending on it, im deciding whether it would be realistic to try n catch all of Paramore, part of We Are Scientists and most of Blink 182

• 1 month later...

This looks like a strange decision to me.

Moving the mainstage there will only cause more problems. Last year the prodigy was ridiculous with people getting crushed all over, there was two exit points, left and right. This year it looks like there will be only one exit to the left.

From what I can remember the space where the stage faces onto isnt that big overall, therefore if your not inside the lock up when watching a band ur screwed if you want to hear them.

I think all this will do will reduce the capacity that can get around the main stage, or just make it harder viewing for the people further back.

But we will find out soon enough.

• 1 month later...

This looks like a strange decision to me.

..and me. I've been to every Leeds Festival and the placing of the main stage at Bramham definately needed changing. However I can't see how this is going to solve the problem of the bottlenecks. It just looks worse.

The placing of the toilet blocks is a joke.

The fairground stuff needs removing from the arena completely its a bloody nuisance. I remember when it was at temple newsham you could hear the main stage all round the arena but at least that was live music, what you'd paid to be part of and not that stupid loud fairground/ibiza rave balls.

I think it may be my age(!) but I'm dreading it this year after seeing the map!

• 1 month later...

Just looking at the new sit map again. Do you reckon they have moved the main stage position right next to the toilets to limit the amount of people pissing on the fence?

I still think its a wrong manuvre from them though. because this will just lead to more people pissing at the other side of the stage now.

They could also do with putting another bar to the left of the main stage.

I'm sure FR know what they are doing and have a reason for moving it. Most likely people traffic and bottle necking after headliners.

They won't have move it to anywhere they will have to do risk assessments and have it passed for health and safety, there will be all sorts crap.

We shall see in 3 weeks

Just looking at the new sit map again. Do you reckon they have moved the main stage position right next to the toilets to limit the amount of people pissing on the fence?

I still think its a wrong manuvre from them though. because this will just lead to more people pissing at the other side of the stage now.

They could also do with putting another bar to the left of the main stage.