Super Bock Super Rock - Lisbon

Guest diogo

This is a festival near Lisbon, near the beach. It will happen in July (16-18), less than one week after Optimus Alive.

Camping is free and the tickets costs: 40e(day ticket) and 70e(3day ticket).

Until now the line up is:

16 July

-Pet Shop Boys

-Cut Copy

-Keane

-Beach House

-Palma's Gang

-The Temper Trap

-M-Nus Showcase

-St.Vincent

-Grizzly Bear

17 July

-Vampire Weekend

-Julian Casablancas

-Ricardo Villalobos

-Rita Red Shoes

-Hot Chip

-Patrick Watson

-Leftfield

18 July

-Empire Of The Sun

-The National

-John Butler Trio

-Laurent Garnier

-Spoon

-Wild Beasts

-The Morning Benders

Edited by diogo

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi,

Does anyone have any info on this festival (the website is terrible!).

Am quite tempted to do the Sunday (The Strokes) as part of a 10 or so day summer hol to Lisbon and then a beach nearby (to recover!). I'm not going to take a tent all the way to Portugal with me but would want to go to his for the day from wherever I'm based in central Lisbon. Is this feasible?

I read somewhere that this runs from 3pm to 4am every day. Is there transport to and from Lisbon? Also, when are the 'peak times' at this festival? Do the big acts go on up until about midnight and then there are more DJs etc later (like Bestival)? Or are the headliners likely to come on at 3am, potentially after the transport back to Lisbon has finished?

Any info would be much appreciated as there's absolutely none on the website!

Cheers!

Hi,

Does anyone know anything about this festival? Am now planning to go for the whole three days and have established where it's held, I just need to find a decent town/village near a beach nearby where I can hire an apartment that will shuttle to and from the fest. I've got a decent idea of the local geography but don't want to hire an apartment now and then later find out that I can't get to/from the fest from it!

Anyone know anything?

Obrigado!

Edited by Homer

info on this one is really limited. i am going to try find an older thread on it and see if it has info.

going by optimus they had acts on the main stage at 10pm that were the real headliners. then other acts came on at midnight, 1am etc, still good bands though. the dj's then went on until the very early hours.

if they do the same here it would mean that potentially a good band might come on at midnight and if there's no set buses back to lisbon centre we'd have no way to get back. unless you can get a taxi. feck knows how much that would cost though!

I've managed to pool a fair amount of info about this from asking questions on the event's official Facebook page; I'll put more up here in my lunch hour in a bit.

Salient facts: fest runs from 4pm to 3am. Headliner come on around midnight. It takes 45 mins normally to get from Lisbon to the festival (but there were big problems with congestion last year and loads of people missed Prince).

They have told me that there will be shuttle buses running from the fest to the surrounding area and to go ahead and by my ticket. However, I've taken this with a pinch of salt and will not be committing until I've got more info!

The year that we went to Optimus, Super Bock Super Rock, Lisbon was taking place the same weekend in a different part of Lisbon and we met some people who were going to Super Bock Super Rock while getting a train to our hotel. We didn't enquire too closely about where the festival was, etc, because the headliner on that day was something really cheesy like Duran Duran, but I think that we can deduct from this that, if the location of the festival hasn't changed since 2008, then it is accessible by public transport (although, as with Optimus, you may need to queue for a taxi to get you back to your hotel at 3 in the morning). ;)

The location has apparently changed since 2010 (see first link). I read a review of last year's event which said that LOADS of people missed Prince as the congestion was so heavy on the way in from Lisbon (the only access is over a bridge). To that end, I now plan on hiring a villa much closer (on the coast) and going back and forth from there.

Anyway, I have ascertained pretty much as much as possible from the Facebook page (though not enough to clarify where the fest will actually be accessible from!), links are here:

http://www.facebook.com/sbsroficial/posts/121762651227655

http://www.facebook.com/sbsroficial/posts/121762967894290

Oh, and the Arcade Fire are apparently playing the Friday. This come from Portishead who put up a post on their site saying they were joint headlining the Friday with the AF - which was then subsequently removed (AF are headlining Benicassim at some point on the same weekend so this all seems plausible just not official yet).

Anyway, that's as much as I know!

Hi,

I am definatley going to this Festival as Im in Portugal around that time anyway, but don't actually land until the 15th in Faro. Recon I'm still going to get a weekend ticket as its only 80 Euros or something and miss the first night. I saw that about Arcade Fire as well. I was kind of hoping it might be like a sister festival of Benicassim this year as so far the 3 acts confirmed are all on at Benicassim too.

The website for Superbock Superrock is terrible though isnt it, where are you supposed to get any info from ?

If anyone wants to get an apartment in Sesimbra, I've booked mine but here are some other options I found and then discarded (complete with brief descriptions which I added when I emailed them all through to my wife).

Decent interior, balcony, cheap:

http://www.villanao.co.uk/sesimbra/seaside_home_refHD309882.html

Bargain and access to the beach:

http://www.villanao.co.uk/sesimbra/seaside_flat_refHD319730.html

Nice interior, good price:

http://www.homelidays.co.uk/sesimbra/apartment-flat-355614en1.htm

Slightly crap interior, has pool:

http://www.homelidays.co.uk/sesimbra/apartment-flat-301305en1.htm

Good luck!

P.S. Arctic Monkeys have been added to the bill...

Hi, thinking of travelling from uk for this, I am wondering if there will be an electronic/techno arena (Meco i think) last last year ? artists such as hawtin villalobos and garnier played last year, I will be travelling over if this year is the same or in the same genre.

Someone help, cant get info anywhere.

thanks

Hi, thinking of travelling from uk for this, I am wondering if there will be an electronic/techno arena (Meco i think) last last year ? artists such as hawtin villalobos and garnier played last year, I will be travelling over if this year is the same or in the same genre.

Someone help, cant get info anywhere.

thanks