world cup

Guest neil_hill_1

i was at glastonbury the last time a world cup was on but as i was a lot younger then and was not really with it too much i did not get round to seeing if glastonbury did this then.

so my question is will they, this year, be showing all the games at a special tent/place/screen? has there been any official announcements yet? i know that they are showing the england game on the thursday (or whenever it is) but what about every other game?

please do not start thinking that i will be watching them all, as i will not, but there are certain games that i would quite like to watch in a muddy field whilst off my rocker on mdma.

also, I apologise if this question may of been answered already. i had a quick look to see if i could find one, but i came up with no results and there are only so many hours in a day.

love a peas.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this is actually a valid question. say sunday afternoon and no bands do anything for me (quite like the past couple of sundays actually) and i want to watch the football, will i be able to. even if it was two obscure nations, i'd probably be interested watching it in a crowd.

i agree, it's a totally valid question.

if i'm not overly excited by any bands playing on the saturday (should we win our group) or the sunday (should we finish runners up), then i would definitely want to see the match.

i'm not for one second suggesting that i'm going to want to be in front of the telly during the weekend, but being at glastonbury isn't going to magically stop me from being a football fan*, and if there is no band playing at the time that particularly floats my boat...

* contrary to popular belief in this forum, you can be a football fan without being a tit :P

i'm not for one second suggesting that i'm going to want to be in front of the telly during the weekend, but being at glastonbury isn't going to magically stop me from being a football fan*, and if there is no band playing at the time that particularly floats my boat...

* contrary to popular belief in this forum, you can be a football fan without being a tit :P

NOOOOO. are you sure? can this be true? what is that you say .. bamboozled!

anyway, regarding my original question i gather that there has been no announcement and that they have never sjhown the whole of the world cup on other world cup years.

oh well. i'll have to invest in a hand help portable tv then.

and NO football is not band, Mark E Smith on the other hand is.

NOOOOO. are you sure? can this be true? what is that you say .. bamboozled!

anyway, regarding my original question i gather that there has been no announcement and that they have never sjhown the whole of the world cup on other world cup years.

oh well. i'll have to invest in a hand help portable tv then.

and NO football is not band, Mark E Smith on the other hand is.

Yeah, you know I have absolutely no f**king interest in England, bunch of arseholes, but it would be really nice to have all the matches on somewhere (a screen in the old cinema field), so I could spend a pleasant 90 minutes watching a bit of footy. I think it would be great. Really nice idea.