Who has camped in the Dairy Fields area?

Guest musiclove123

Guest musiclove123

Think we will be camping in the Dairy fields this year. Has anybody been there and what are the main advantages/disadvantages of this camping spot?

Thanks

Think we will be camping in the Dairy fields this year. Has anybody been there and what are the main advantages/disadvantages of this camping spot?

Thanks

i camped there last year and it was my first time at glastonbury

i really enjoyed it - had nice neighbours, quiet when you eventually wanna go to sleep, flat ground which is good if starts raining, portaloos were clean on sunday night!

i didnt feel like i was that far away from the main areas, it was only a few minutes walk to the park and then few more to other stage

i would def camp there again this year

i did hear some stories on here from other people that camped in dairy and said they had trouble with thieves but we never had any problems but there was nothing worth stealing in my tent anyway unless they really wanna steal my dirty clothes

I camped there in 2008 we had a pregnant member in our group and it was about 2 mins to the car - which was fantastic.

It was very quiet at night over there, which I can imagine is good for some people -

Other than the park, it was quite a long walk to things really. Depends what you like doing really - For instance I quite like to spend a lot of time over at the circus etc - and that was a fair trot.

Also, the food over that way was shocking -just those massive breakfast/chinese places I seem to remember. (being in them makes me feel like Im in some sort of soup kitchen)

In summary though, it was ok - not the best place to camp that I have been in, but not that bad either.

i camped there last year and it was my first time at glastonbury

i really enjoyed it - had nice neighbours, quiet when you eventually wanna go to sleep, flat ground which is good if starts raining, portaloos were clean on sunday night!

i didnt feel like i was that far away from the main areas, it was only a few minutes walk to the park and then few more to other stage

i would def camp there again this year

i did hear some stories on here from other people that camped in dairy and said they had trouble with thieves but we never had any problems but there was nothing worth stealing in my tent anyway unless they really wanna steal my dirty clothes

We were directed there in 2007 as it was virtually empty on Wednesday afternoon, whereas most other

areas were looking busy.

We basically picked our spot at end of the path so it was easier to find at night, and it was

safe distance from toilets but not too far;

There wasn't too much noise at night, but there was some friendly banter so its not a bad area;

Food and lockups closeby. I didn't find the chinese food bad - I can see what the other

poster mean't re soup kitchen; A lot of tents resemble that but you don't expect the ritz at glasto

The quality of the food is the important thing;- I think it was about a fiver for some nice food.

By Middle of thursday our tent was engulfed and surrounded by others and we seemed to be on the thoughoutfair, but serves our right for pitching directly off the end of path!

As for being long way out - I suppose if your not planning to go

back to tent all day and end up at arcadia etc at night its not an issue

10 minute walk to old railway line/other stage

We camped there in 08. Very near the car and on Monday late morning we were straight out on to the main roads, couldn't believe it.

Didn't fill up up loads of room around the tent. Not too sure on the atmosphere as we're generally away from the tent until morning then just crash for a few hours before heading out again, didn't seem too bad when we were there though.

It's not too far from Other Stage/Glade, Dance Village or Stone Circle. Park obviously very near.

Bit of a trek to the other side for Pyramid etc. but then it's Glastonbury, wandering around taking it all in is half the fun so I wouldn't really say it was a disadvantage tbh.

We're probably going to camp there again this year.

Oh and I would agree the food nearby was a bit shite (although there are some good places up in the Park) but then food stalls in the actual camp sites are always pretty poor IMO.

We camped at Pennards last year but a fair few of our mates camped here due to the traffic jams so spent a fair bit of time at their camp. Didn't find it too bad to be honest and we would consider camping here this year as we have a group of about 35 this year.

Guest musiclove123

If I am going to camp in the Dairy Fields (which looks very likely from feedback so far) how do I make sure my car is parked near by? Can you request to the nearest car park or what? Sorry, I am a Glasto car virgin :P

If you're coming from the M5 you'll end up in the west car pakrs, Diary Ground is the second field you'll come to after Paines.

Camped there the last two years and like it. People often exagerate how far things are at Glastonbury i find, guess it depends how active you are in general. I never find distances and times to/from different stages a problem. It's about 5/10 mins from the Other, Park, Greenfields etc. Good spot.

PS, One of our lot got robbed on the thursday last year too! Did anybody not get robbed that night?! :P

Guest musiclove123
If you're coming from the M5 you'll end up in the west car pakrs, Diary Ground is the second field you'll come to after Paines.

Camped there the last two years and like it. People often exagerate how far things are at Glastonbury i find, guess it depends how active you are in general. I never find distances and times to/from different stages a problem. It's about 5/10 mins from the Other, Park, Greenfields etc. Good spot.

PS, One of our lot got robbed on the thursday last year too! Did anybody not get robbed that night?! :P

Have been there the last couple of years and find it fine. I like being close to the Park and the food in there is not to bad, I def recommend the falafel pita.. nom nom. It is fairly quiet at night which is a bonus if your a light sleeper.

All our tents got done over also but we had nothing of value so no loss. Can happen in any area really.

Camped here last year which was my 1st glasto. Ideal for getting stuff from the car but I found it a long way from the stages. Used to take us a good 30 min to get to the main stage. But you got to expect that at glasto I guess. We camped at the back of the field. The food was poor and we camped here because it took us 16 hours from Preston and just wanted to get set up.

Just money and valuables like phones. Only been once and only experienced it at Leeds when some ass came in our tent at night and took his wallet. He did leave on top of his bag in full view. Just keep your money, phone etc on you and you will be fine, even when sleeping.