Look what you could be eating

Guest 20/20

If you want to see a proper selection of food at a festival, check out this thread on the Glastonbury forum...

/index.php?showtopic=116784">http://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/index.p...howtopic=116784

If I was going away for a weekend for the food, I'd go to somewhere like Italy. Or France.

For a weekend in a field listening to some tunes, I'm quite happy to settle for BBQ's and pancakes and sandwiches and what not. Picnic food!! Oooh. Im so doing a picnic on the Wednesday now!! :P

Don't care...we have AC/DC!

Glastonbury is a very nice festival, I really enjoyed myself when I went.

There is a lot of fantastic food on offer there, but to be fair the food isn't that different to other festivals. Most of the food places the Glasto board rave about are available at all the other major festivals and I doubt Download is any different.

The Welsh Oggie stalls, goat curry, teppanyaki, a significant selection of vegan and organic food, nearly all the vendors do the rounds of all the main festivals. Pretty much the only food you wouldn't get at other festivals are mostly stalls selling food which is local to Pilton.

Brothers cider though, now that is something that is exclusively Glasto. Glastonbury certainly has most of the other festivals beaten when it comes to alchohol on sale.

The purpose of this thread seems to be just some smug baiting more than anything else. Seems pretty stupid to target the Download forum over this kinda thing, especially how Download is generally said to be one of the other festivals to have a great atmosphere.

From my perspective, Download completely obliterates Glastonbury in regards to lineup. Even though Glastonbury features thousands of acts over the weekend it ignores metal and anything more than pedestrian rock.

hmmm, food stalls at download seem to be hit and miss.

2008 food poisioning off some chinease stall

2009 food poisioning off some kebab stall next to the chinease place i didnt go to on purpose.

On a positive note though, can't beat the aussie steak place in the village. and i remeber a crumpet place as well only down to the lovely girls in corsets behind the counter.

.... oh and the milkshake place, wherever the hell that was.

that'd be strumpets with crumpets or something similar. Ate crumpets from there at glasto and soni but didn't see em at download!

The pancetta and maple syrup ones were bloody lovely!! :P