T in the park

Guest BOGHOOS3

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awww sweet...ickle JSR needs to go back to school and learn some grammar yes?

mod·er·ate (mdr-t)

ADJECTIVE:-

1. Being within reasonable limits; not excessive or extreme: a moderate price.

2. Not violent or subject to extremes; mild or calm; temperate: a moderate climate.

3.a. Of medium or average quantity or extent.

b. Of limited or average quality; mediocre.

4. Opposed to radical or extreme views or measures, especially in politics or religion.

NOUN:

One who holds or champions moderate views or opinions, especially in politics or religion.

VERB (md-rt) mod·er·at·ed, mod·er·at·ing, mod·er·ates

v.tr.

1. To lessen the violence, severity, or extremeness of.

2. To preside over: She was chosen to moderate the convention.

v.intr.

1. To become less violent, severe, or extreme; abate.

2. To act as a moderator.

Doh....should have paid more attention in school...and also think about the pronunciation of the noun...because it also sounds different to the verb.

:P

Top thread with some very good replies. I dont think it got repetitive or silly, certainly one of the best reads with decent enough arguments in there.

PS...JSR learn how to spell too :P Its privilege...NOT priviledge.

English teacher mode off now... :P

I just wasted way too much of my life reaing through a dozen pages of this thread to try to figure out what happened, and i've come out none the wiser!!!

I had heard a little about the fact there was a libel case (but dont know what caused it, as nobody will actually say - surely repeating it wont be repeating the libel if you also state that it is not true and you are using it as an example of what is unacceptable?)

Then that there were annoying posters on the TITP forum. Surely you get annoying posters on all forums, and the Mod's sort things out/close threads/issue warnings/annings etc??

Obviously it's neil's site, so the final word is with him, but i agree that he got a bit petty/childish at times.

no i wont take offence :P ...but i waesnt the only one !!!! there was a few of us kept the subo joke going ...the jeremy kyle post was between karen tommo and i we were the only ones posting and we had a laugh ,,,dont no why im justifying myself...but to close the forum over that is way more childish than any post ive made !!!

Have to agree, Scotland is well known for it's banter and having a laugh with each other on the forum ensures they are being used, the more hits the better but to remove a forum simply because I thought Efests was being rude is ridiculous maybe when I said he should improve on his people skills it hit a nerve, but nothing libelous was said he just took the huff

The member formally known as Karen2.... Hi Indie

p.s eminem argument was weeks ago and ive kept out that one now !!!

self centred thread hogging ...dont think so ..im not nearly as bad as the other ones that were spaming i hardly put new threads up only posted in the ones that were there ,,so my friend can i say ...i hope u dont take offence, your pointing your fingers at the wrong person !!! :P

I've kept out of it till now but badger didnt have anything to do wae what ever happened that day, yeah she might have posted some crap on there but so did other peoples on here, so for people to keep single her out is mince as indiebadger she didnt argue with anyone or say anything too bad just like the rest of us on there :P there was plenty of people posting crap on there too, you included...people in glass houses and all that :P

Don't blame the badger I was there when the forum went down, and as I said before...I said he was rude which he definatley was I told him he should improve on his people skills then that was that major huff. To blame badger is rubbish she only has a laugh in the forum all lighthearted banter, nothing offensive and nothing that could land the forum in it. BANTER is fun is that not what we all go to festivals for so why ban it from the forums double standards going on here.

Give her a hug in a mug from me Tokely

K2x

to right its the fecking internet it's not like they have anything to do with your life at the end of the day

These forums have never been here for the purpose of banter repetative drivel. They are provided by eFestivals for somewhere to discuss and enquire about festivals and for people get useful information when making the decision on what festival to go to.

There are plenty other forums which allow members to post utter crap on each and every occasion..

These forums have never been here for the purpose of banter repetative drivel. They are provided by eFestivals for somewhere to discuss and enquire about festivals and for people get useful information when making the decision on what festival to go to.

There are plenty other forums which allow members to post utter crap on each and every occasion..

If Neil or any other moderator feels the need to warn/ban me about my 'banter' then I would accept it.. not start crying/moaning about it constantly like some people in this thread. I would simply review my posting standards and move on, as unlike others I respect the way this forum is ran and would not feel the need to come on and argue it to death.

Seriously this is getting beyond old now. T forum was shut down because of people like you CrazyD and IndieBadger, you have both been banned and yet still keep coming back. Chances of Neil ever putting the forum back up are slim to none seeing as you can't just take a telling and stop posting inane rubbish. The whole point of the T forum was to gain information about T not to read threads with people mocking others and spouting endless crap.

Let it be, it's done, move on, it's just a bloody forum.

Karen2

Ahhh, the person who thinks it's wrong to impart information which counters anyone's opinion, because it's wrong to put someone down like that. Which you did all the same thing with when saying that. :P

It was you that made me realise that with attitudes like that, the forums could no longer serve the purpose of informing people about T in the Park.

Ahhh, the person who thinks it's wrong to impart information which counters anyone's opinion, because it's wrong to put someone down like that. Which you did all the same thing with when saying that. :P

It was you that made me realise that with attitudes like that, the forums could no longer serve the purpose of informing people about T in the Park.

Think most of us would like an example of what was said to warrent the T forum getting closed,thats if your willing to give one.

From what I can gather from reading through the thread Neil you are pissed of with a couple of posters on the T forum,just ban them so everyone else can enjoy it again and have the privelge of using the forum again :P

Think most of us would like an example of what was said to warrent the T forum getting closed,thats if your willing to give one.

From what I can gather from reading through the thread Neil you are pissed of with a couple of posters on the T forum,just ban them so everyone else can enjoy it again and have the privelge of using the forum again :P

I've already made clear, it was no particular one thing. It was the situation overall.

I dislike the childish attitudes of people, who believe they have a right to post whatever they like without regard of others or why the forums are provided in the first place, and the battles that causes and the insults (quite often racist) that get thrown my way because of it.

I dislike banning people, and it's something I try to avoid, and sometimes give second chances over.

I dislike having a mass battle over the banning of any one person, as always happens.

I dislike that people like you say "well just ban people then" but then make it just about impossible for me to do so or for that ban to be effective.

All of these things total up to a forum that's simply not worth the bother to eFestivals.

I've already made clear, it was no particular one thing. It was the situation overall.

I dislike the childish attitudes of people, who believe they have a right to post whatever they like without regard of others or why the forums are provided in the first place, and the battles that causes and the insults (quite often racist) that get thrown my way because of it.

I dislike banning people, and it's something I try to avoid, and sometimes give second chances over.

I dislike having a mass battle over the banning of any one person, as always happens.

I dislike that people like you say "well just ban people then" but then make it just about impossible for me to do so or for that ban to be effective.

All of these things total up to a forum that's simply not worth the bother to eFestivals.

I'm all for posting crap in the chat forum, and elsewhere I'm as guilty as anyone of posting a fair proportion of moaning, accompanied by at least some useful posts.

But in the last four pages there has been precisely one informative post about T, and that was a link to an eFestivals article (not that there's anything wrong with that, although it dispels the myth that this site has decided to ignore the festival altogether).

If this is what the T forum was like all the time then it was a great decision to do away with it.

I'm all for posting crap in the chat forum, and elsewhere I'm as guilty as anyone of posting a fair proportion of moaning, accompanied by at least some useful posts.

But in the last four pages there has been precisely one informative post about T, and that was a link to an eFestivals article (not that there's anything wrong with that, although it dispels the myth that this site has decided to ignore the festival altogether).

If this is what the T forum was like all the time then it was a great decision to do away with it.

I`m not great with computers but from what I can gather can you not block them through their IP

Was it more than a couple of posters causing grief? if so then can see it being more hassle than its worth but if just a 2/3 come on please for the rest of us ehhh

I got banned didnt spit the dummy like a good few others over the years on here so it does work

There is no way of banning someone without a way around it in some manner (despite that by doing so that banned person is committing a criminal offence [but a criminal offence that the police have no interest in enforcing]).

It was far more than just about a couple of posters. Surely the attitudes displayed right thru this thread by some make that clear?

And those posts also make clear that those people don't accept the right of efestivals to run these forums how efestivals wants to run these forums.... from which the battles commence. :P

I could have done a large amount of banning, but I'd then have spent all of this week dealing with issue after issue after issue around that, instead of only having to spend a day or so of this week on the issues. Either way, *I'M* picking up the costs of that, for just about zero return.

And talking of costs... the libel thing a year or two back didn't cost much to settle in the direction of the person who felt they'd been libelled. But it did cost well over a week of my time, plus the far from cheap costs of the necessary legal advice. Without a single one of the people responsible caring enough about what they'd been saved from by my efforts to even throw a quid in my direction as some recompense.

When the forum cares so little for efestivals, why does anyone think efestivals should care for the forum? :P:P

Having said all that, I've been pleased to see some of the other posts made in this thread, and PMs sent to me. To those people, thanks.

Edited by eFestivals