T in the park

Guest BOGHOOS3

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At the most simple, because some users there think the forum runs on their idiot basis and not on the same efestivals basis as it always has and which has made it a success.

I'm too bored with them to even start to think about arguing the point with them - a point I've never reached before in over ten years of running these forums.

Last time much the same happened *I* had to end up digging in my own pockets so that those morons weren't dragged thru the courts and bankrupted. I ain't going there again. They're simply not worth it.

Thats what Neil had to say. Not sure what to make of it. Looks like he just didnt agree with a few peoples opinions, so got rid.

Ahh censorship at its finest......course you'l get idiots on every forum but to shut down the TITP forum (which is linked to the second largest festival in the UK) is a tad ott, thought we lived in a democracy ffs. Whats annoying is the small minority that caused the problem will simply move onto a different forum with a different username & leave the people who are interested in T to fester with no where to discuss music,the festival & the good times ahead, I would think this site would like as many visitors as possible so to turn people away is basically shooting yourself in the foot!

Pretty shocked by this. This place was known as the site to go to when the official site shut its message board. Considering the site is advertising driven, surely the more visitors the higher income it can raise from advertising?

It looked like the T forum was one if not the busiest on this site.

If I wasn't booked up for Hyde Park Calling I can't think of any other reason to return to this site.

Someone else could set up their own T in the Park site with messageboard and pull all the T users from this site if we have no board.

Can't you just ban the problem users and block their IP addresses to stop them coming back? Anonymous IPs can be detected and blocked as well.

Same here - thought there wasn't much being posted recently due to lack of unexpected major new additions to the lineup.

I can only think that perhaps a couple of people got picked on - one with the facebook campaign and the other for the Jay-Z rumours.

I do, and if people can't behave themselves on a forum provided for them, then they don't deserve that forum to be there for them to use.

There was a post pinned on the forum explaning the actions of others a couple years ago and what nearly happened, which would have cost eFestivals a lot of money and probably would have resulted in this site being shut down.

If the same has happened again, then Neil has no option but to remove the facility so it doesn't happen again.

I don't know exactly what has happened, but Neil has to view this as serious to withdraw the forum then I support that decision as there is more to this site than just that forum. Which to be honest has the highest %age of arsehole posters on it across this site.

Edited by Tommo2202

I do, and if people can't behave themselves on a forum provided for them, then they don't deserve that forum to be there for them to use.

There was a post pinned on the forum explaning the actions of others a couple years ago and what nearly happened, which would have cost eFestivals a lot of money and probably would have resulted in this site being shut down.

If the same has happened again, then Neil has no option but to remove the facility so it doesn't happen again.

I don't know exactly what has happened, but Neil has to view this as serious to withdraw the forum then I support that decision as there is more to this site than just that forum. Which to be honest has the highest %age of arsehole posters on it across this site.