Travelling to Weston Park from Cannock

Guest shelly_83

Can anybody give me some advise on the best way to travel to Weston Park from Premier Inn Cannock? as due to there being no camping tickets left i could only get weekend only tickets and going to have to travel to the festival each day.

Is there a shuttle bus service? i have found out that Shaw's Travel operate a bus service but from the Telford area only does anybody know if the same service is operated from the Cannock area?

Thanks

Can anybody give me some advise on the best way to travel to Weston Park from Premier Inn Cannock? as due to there being no camping tickets left i could only get weekend only tickets and going to have to travel to the festival each day.

Is there a shuttle bus service? i have found out that Shaw's Travel operate a bus service but from the Telford area only does anybody know if the same service is operated from the Cannock area?

Thanks

Setting out early is a must!

I live around 3 min away from longford island, left at 9.30 on the friday morning. The a5 was a standstill with people sitting on the front of their cars along the whole 13 mile journey. Luckily I had choosen to go on my motorbike so go there in around 45minutes. Not to great with the weight of beer/clothes/food in a large flexible suitcase strapped to my back :L

Not sure what the traffic was like on the saturday. I did pass my mates just before the motorway island and it took them 4/5 hours to get there.

• 3 months later...

There are taxis in Cannock that do pick-up and drop off but I think its too expensive unless you are in a group and you will sit in traffic for a long time!

Is it the Orbital or just Cannock South you're staying in? The Cannock South is very close to the A5 and probably about 8/9 miles from Weston Park (have clocked it on the bike before as that when arranging meet points).

As others have said Stafford would be easiest for a shuttle bus if you haven't already booked Cannock! Is driving really out of the question?

Also look at http://www.whitegate-farm-shop.co.uk/camping/

these are quite close to V and run shuttlebus

There are taxis in Cannock that do pick-up and drop off but I think its too expensive unless you are in a group and you will sit in traffic for a long time!

Is it the Orbital or just Cannock South you're staying in? The Cannock South is very close to the A5 and probably about 8/9 miles from Weston Park (have clocked it on the bike before as that when arranging meet points).

As others have said Stafford would be easiest for a shuttle bus if you haven't already booked Cannock! Is driving really out of the question?

Also look at http://www.whitegate-farm-shop.co.uk/camping/

these are quite close to V and run shuttlebus

Have you thought about camping offsite? There are a couple of sites i think which you can camp at and get a taxi to and from or even walk (if the thought of an approximate 2 mile walk doesn't terrify you too much).Some of my friends couldn't get camping one year (2006 i think?) and stayed at White Pump Farm

They said it was not too bad at all, not sure what they charge (don't think it was a lot back then) but might be worth a try?

Completley agree with fenderstratz i think white pump farm is your best bet its not too far from the entrance at all plus you will still get a bit of festie campsite atmosphere. I live in Cannock and my dad owns a taxi firm and i really wouldn't advise a taxi from the preimier inn. He would quote £30 return normally but sitting in the traffic for hours you are looking more around the £100 mark!