Travel from London

Guest Dirty Boots

Thinking of going to the festival for the first time this year, was wondering if anyone could help me?

Could you please give me a general idea of the route that you take from London (by public transport) to the festival and approximately how much it costs?

Any help will be appreciated, thanks.

You could get a train or coach from london victoria to portsmouth harbour for about a fiver, if you book in advance, maybe less if your lucky. Then its the ferry from the train station which i cant remember how much it is but should be on the whitelink website and then your on the IOW.

It'll take around 3 hours and is an easy journey.

Yeah £50 inclusive wouldn't be a bad price, you could do it cheaper but it'd be more hassle

You basically have 2 options- either London to Southampton or London to Portsmouth which you can do for as little as £1 each way with Greyhound/National Express/Megatrain. If you go by normal train it'll be around £30 off peak.

You will then have the boat-either from So'ton or Portsmouth it'll be around £10-15 return. Foot passengers don't need to prebook. Portsmouth is quicker.

Then you'll need a shuttle bus from the ferry terminal to the site- which is around a fiver I think.

It's actually all fairly straight forward, particularly with the ferry/shuttle bus as EVERYONE on the boat will be heading to the festival- so follow the crowd!

• 1 month later...
Thinking of going to the festival for the first time this year, was wondering if anyone could help me?

Could you please give me a general idea of the route that you take from London (by public transport) to the festival and approximately how much it costs?

Any help will be appreciated, thanks.

• 3 weeks later...