Pregnant at 1st Glasto - where to Park and camp and when!

Guest JoH

Having not been able to go to Glasto before because of weddings, not getting tickets etc I'm determined to go this year despite the fact I will be 6 months preggers. i've read the advice about registering at the Medical Centre etc.

I'll be with my two girl friends, husband is staying at home. We are all quite chilled out so I'm not worried about having to tramp around all day or getting squashed in the crowds. But, I wondered if anyone could suggest when I should aim to arrive and leave (am thinking Wed morning and leaving Sunday) and....

We will be driving and I'll be taking my own pop up tent so where is the best place to try and park and which camp site should we aim for? I don't know if we will be allowed in the family camping area as the only child with us is unborn! I looked on the Glasto website but they don't make any concessions for you if you are pregnant (parking, camping etc)

I was looking at Tangerine Fields but its sooo expensive!

My back up plan is that if I get really fed up I can just get the train home and leave my friends to it!

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Take into consideration that with the car parks opening early on the Tuesday that if you arrive on the Wednesday you will not be parked as close to the entrance gates as earlier bods. BUT saying that we forum folk cannot predict or know which specific car parks will be used specifically at gates open (seeing as they changed last year as an example) and can only guess what will happen.

All the West car parks are a relatively easy walking distance to the gates that provide entrance for camping fields such as Park Home, Pennards (anything in the SW corner of the site). (Expect to take over an hour to go there and back on second pick up for any left behind gear). All of the South West camp sites are nice, Park Home and Dairy have lovely views and Pennards has a Medical Centre I believe (but it does get busy/full very early!) The walks from the entrances depend on which campsite you decide you want to camp in. Paines Ground is very flat and is the first field you get to if you arrive by White Gate.

East car parks have the epic Hill of Death (not named that for fun!) and it can be a long slog back to the car and tbh but its not too difficult or long a walk to the eastern campsites once you are in.

There will be plenty more info coming through thick and fast and up to date map will be released nearer the time. Keep checking and asking though. There are lots of threads about other mums to be both here in Questions and also over in Chat. There's a couple of lasses who will be 8 months gone this year who use the boards.