Music story of the year?

Guest Lithium05

As some of you may have read AC is claiming that one of the bands in tonights announcement will be the music story of the year. Now despite proudly wearing my skeptic hat when such claims are made, I thought a fun way to pass the time until the anouncement would be to speculate what this could be (assuming he's not just chatting shit)

I reckon it could be one of:

- Metallica playing, but not headlining

- System of a Down reforming (this rumour has resurfaced on the main boards after a claim made by someone from Lamb of God, and as someone pointed out, what bands say, and do are often different things)

-Soundgarden playing (same theory about saying/doing as SOAD)

- Aerosmith's last show with Tyler?

Speculate bitches! :P

As some of you may have read AC is claiming that one of the bands in tonights announcement will be the music story of the year. Now despite proudly wearing my skeptic hat when such claims are made, I thought a fun way to pass the time until the anouncement would be to speculate what this could be (assuming he's not just chatting shit)

I reckon it could be one of:

- Metallica playing, but not headlining

- System of a Down reforming (this rumour has resurfaced on the main boards after a claim made by someone from Lamb of God, and as someone pointed out, what bands say, and do are often different things)

-Soundgarden playing (same theory about saying/doing as SOAD)

- Aerosmith's last show with Tyler?

Speculate bitches! :P

See I'm a little bit cynical here because "biggest music story of the year" to me would mean a band bigger than AC/DC! My mind is boggled.

I think there are several bands who could cause a stir and be a huge story GnR (2006 did not go well), Bon Jovi (supposedly O2 is there only European dates!! Yeah FNM cough splutter!) and Aerosmith (Tyler: yay or nay) being the first ones that pop into my head.

But as for BIGGEST music story of the year? Unless they got Zep (Which they blatently haven't! Come on, lets be realistic here!), I am flumoxed!

in an entirely guessed shot in the dark what if it was Cypress Hill being the first non-rock band to headline download. They do have an album out this year after all :P

I dont hope for this, nor do i believe this...but as has been said - its either BS or got to be something bigger than AC/DC

Im leaning toward Marketing B.S

It depends in what group it would be the music story of the year in, does he mean between rock/metal fans or overall in the entire industry?

If its just within the rock/metal circle then it would have to be SOAD, Aerosmith with tyler or Bon Jovi doing 1 other show and its download or some sort of Pantera Reform with guest guitarist .

if its a major story over the whole industry then the only 2 i can think of is Led Zep or original line-up Guns & Roses or spice Girl :P

***EDIT***

or with Dime, that would be a major story. I'm not on drugs just thinking something along the lines of footage of dime playing on the big screens behind the remaining band members. That would be FOOKIN awesome.

Edited by metalman

Pantera back together would be epic, thats a music story right there.

But im not holding my breath.

Saw Cypress Hill at boardmasters last year and was pleasantly surprised, wasnt much of a fan before that.

Beastie boys would be awesome, but one of them had cancer last year - so i guess them back together would be a huge story too.

It depends in what group it would be the music story of the year in, does he mean between rock/metal fans or overall in the entire industry?

If its just within the rock/metal circle then it would have to be SOAD, Aerosmith with tyler or Bon Jovi doing 1 other show and its download or some sort of Pantera Reform with guest guitarist .

if its a major story over the whole industry then the only 2 i can think of is Led Zep or original line-up Guns & Roses or spice Girl :P

***EDIT***

or with Dime, that would be a major story. I'm not on drugs just thinking something along the lines of footage of dime playing on the big screens behind the remaining band members. That would be FOOKIN awesome.

how about a proper sepultura reunion? IE with Max.

Andy loves Max and seps, he might be bouncing all over the place at the prospect of actually getting them all together. and it isnt beyond the realms of possibility now max and igor have made up (and andy was hyped about getting cavalera conspiracy)...

them under a pantera with zakk wylde kinda thing would be an awesome saturday. (tho getting vinnie and phil in the same room, let alone talking, might take a lot of doing/miracle)

and machine head on that day too?

thats a killer top 3!

Music story of the year? possibly Jay Z at DL.

Also I dont think the original Guns will return, saying that Slash will most likely be touring his album.

If it happens at all it willl be Slash coming out to play Paradise City which has been Guns outro for years. Would be awesome, infact the more I think about it it seems more likely. Duff maybe touring with his Loaded band again, Izzy played some dates in 06 with Axl.

Perhaps - and I don't mean to be pessimistic - by one of the bands being 'the music story of the year', AC is just talking about RATM? That following the Xmas No 1 and the upcoming free gig, they're going to be one of the most-talked about bands this year, getting loads of media coverage.

In other words, their headlining of Download isn't the music story of the year, but the band itself is.

Perhaps - and I don't mean to be pessimistic - by one of the bands being 'the music story of the year', AC is just talking about RATM? That following the Xmas No 1 and the upcoming free gig, they're going to be one of the most-talked about bands this year, getting loads of media coverage.

In other words, their headlining of Download isn't the music story of the year, but the band itself is.