Camp fires

Guest festivalsareforthegrey

What is the situation with fire wood at glasto I know that you can buy bags of firewood at leeds , v dont trust you with sharp impements (never again)

Does any one know what the situation is at glasto as there is nothing better that chilling out with a few tinnys around the fire with your mates after a great day listening to tunes

Also at Leeds they did a warm for cold beer exchange is this the same at worthy farm.

cheers boys and girls :P

What is the situation with fire wood at glasto I know that you can buy bags of firewood at leeds , v dont trust you with sharp impements (never again)

Does any one know what the situation is at glasto as there is nothing better that chilling out with a few tinnys around the fire with your mates after a great day listening to tunes

Also at Leeds they did a warm for cold beer exchange is this the same at worthy farm.

cheers boys and girls :P

There are normally one or two very large wood piles placed in random places around the campsite where you can source some fuel for late night shenanigans, although they go pretty quick as you can imagine and you need to hunt about to find them in the first place.

I also think one year we bought a bag of wood off a stall for a few quid. When we looked in the bag it was mostly bits of old fencing that the traders had ripped down from some farmer’s field...still did the trick for us. :P

Last year i just bought a few flares and they worked quite well too.

I remember being at Reading and they had a warm beer exchange scheme, but this was run by Carling (them being the sponsor and all that). There is no one big beer sponsor at Glastonbury (thankfully) and so doesn’t really lend itself to the same type of scheme.

Don’t worry about this too much; beer has a slightly longer chilled life in Glastonbury, mainly due to the time of year in comparison to Reading/Leeds Fest.

I love to get a fire going, but of late my mates and I haven't managed to get a campsite with enough space to do it.

On the bright side: more revelling out and about. We're none of us getting any younger, but we had more late night shenanigans around the site than ever before.

That really surprises me... wouldn't have thought the organisers would be keen to have people wandering around with axes :P I need to resist thinking about adding it to my list, my axe is nicely weighted and I'm trying really hard to take only what I can fit in my rucksack (and still be able to carry :P)

Campfires are most definitely allowed at Glastonbury, it's one of the many great things about the festival! :P

As others have said there is free wood in huge massive piles, but it does go pretty quick. If arriving in a group, best to send someone off on a wood trip whilst the rest of you put up camp.

You can also buy firewood, logs, kindling etc. from the fire stall which was near The Other Stage, hopefully still in the same place. We've sometimes bought wood from there for a fire on the Sunday night.

If you can't make any room in the campsite for a fire, you can always go and make one near the Stone Circle.