call me mister know it all

Guest Tugger2k

chatted to my man in the know again and he's still convinced he's headlining saturday.

the only 'evidence' that he's not is a tweet from emily to a punter when asked about stevie, she says no.

do people really think that if they had Stevie that Emily would simply tweet it to any old bod when asked? :P

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

chatted to my man in the know again and he's still convinced he's headlining saturday.

the only 'evidence' that he's not is a tweet from emily to a punter when asked about stevie, she says no.

do people really think that if they had Stevie that Emily would simply tweet it to any old bod when asked? :P

(because I want it to be true) You're probably right, if I'd twittered Emily two weeks before they'd announced U2, I'm willing to bet she'd have said "no, they'd be great though" or something.

I'm back on the Stevie for Glastonbury band wagon for now

Edited by Tugger2k

Hey! That "any old bod" was me! Thank you very much :P

To be honest its only twitter. She could have just ignored my tweet to her, (although this must have been the 6th or 7th time she's felt compulsed to reply to me ... she must have a thing for me)

Yes I was convinced by someone who heard it from mother superior herself a while back.

So unless things have fallen through Im not convinced mr wonder has fallen off the pyramid stage just yet.

And yes- if a random were to ask emily 'have you got stevie wonder' would you say yes at this stage if you were her? Would you stay silent (which would just fuel speculation further) or would you deny it?

Its twitter, and I'm any old bod. I only have 8 followers and they are all slutty women who add everybody. No one would have known if she had just ignored me

It doesn't seem as though denying has stopped speculation to me :P

If Stevie was playing, I'm sure Emily would have done what she's done with so many other tweets - ignored it completely.

I've never known Michael or Emily to say a band isn't playing when they are playing, so I'm 99.9999999% sure that Emily's tweet can be trusted as being correct.

Remember, Michael and Emily are not wise PR people, they're simply people who run a fest and have found themselves in the public eye because of it.

If Stevie was playing, I'm sure Emily would have done what she's done with so many other tweets - ignored it completely.

I've never known Michael or Emily to say a band isn't playing when they are playing, so I'm 99.9999999% sure that Emily's tweet can be trusted as being correct.

Remember, Michael and Emily are not wise PR people, they're simply people who run a fest and have found themselves in the public eye because of it.

Can we please stop talking about Stevie Wonder and get back to the original topic of talking about Brass Eye instead?

As Bernard Manning so rightly pointed out "One kiddy on Cake cried all the water out of his body. Just imagine how his mother felt. It's a f**king disgrace" "…you can puke yourself to death on this stuff — one girl threw up her own pelvis-bone… What a f**king disgrace". :P:P

Remember kids, say no to Cake (also known on the streets as Joss Acklands spunky backpack, looneytoad quack and Hattie Jacques pretentious cheese wog)

fair enough about the not ignoring it thing, but im still very confident. and you know my boys are never far off :P

that's true .... but there's been a few wrong things too. So perhaps this is one of them?

I know for certain that at least some of the Stevie rumours that are flying around originate from posts made on these forums a few months back, so some of those rumours are simply nothing more than speculation.

Yes I agree here.

Sure Emily runs a festival but as she is someone in the public eye with twitter account- this makes me think she is, at least a little bit, a little more PR savvy than most.

I'd say different.

Emily is far from daft, but she's also not someone with the nouce of a more normal PR person - those sorts of skills are, I guess, things she's picking up as she goes along where she gets to learn via mistakes. And twitter is something that she wasn't using this time last year, so her doings there are probably likely to have her on yet another learning curve.

She's ignored lots of things sent her way via twitter, so she could have ignored any questions about Stevie. The fact that she denied he's playing makes me confident that he's not.

I'd say different.

Emily is far from daft, but she's also not someone with the nouce of a more normal PR person - those sorts of skills are, I guess, things she's picking up as she goes along where she gets to learn via mistakes. And twitter is something that she wasn't using this time last year, so her doings there are probably likely to have her on yet another learning curve.

She's ignored lots of things sent her way via twitter, so she could have ignored any questions about Stevie. The fact that she denied he's playing makes me confident that he's not.

I seem to remember that by this time last year you were pretty confident of who was playing higher up the bill, do you think this year they've just been able to keep things closer to their chest or do you think that only U2 and Muse (where ever they play) are the only real big acts are yet to fully commit?

It depends what you mean when you say "real big acts". I'd guess that they've got a fair number of the undercard acts sorted already, but it doesn't seem like they have all the headliners as yet.

I get the impression that they were expecting to get the Stones, but the Stones decided just after xmas to bin their plans to tour this year (from what I've heard a tour was defo being put together). So I'm guessing that they've had to go back to the start in trying to sort that last* headliner.

(* I say 'last' based on a presumption that Muse are the Sunday headliner - I've not had anything come my way that's said they are headlining so they might not be. But they probably are).

Presumably The Stones pulling out must have left the organisers in a major hole? I imagine it's getting pretty late now to start making calls to major acts making it much harder to get someone legendary booked. It makes me wonder where the hell they would start after something like that.

I say the only person they can call on in such a crisis who would be worth of such a place in Glastonbury history must be this man

rolf_harris.gif

Presumably The Stones pulling out must have left the organisers in a major hole? I imagine it's getting pretty late now to start making calls to major acts making it much harder to get someone legendary booked. It makes me wonder where the hell they would start after something like that.

I say the only person they can call on in such a crisis who would be worth of such a place in Glastonbury history must be this man

rolf_harris.gif

Edited by BenchBuddah

Haven't read the full thread but didn't ME say there would 'traditional' headliners this year? However good Stevie is, you would never put him in that group....

Admmittedly if they were let down by someone - Cough - Stones - Cough then may need to change their inital thoughts!!