Greenfield Festival

Guest h1210

Alright guys, anyone on here been to Greenfields before? Official Site

I can't find a great deal of info in English anywhere? We're looking to do a festival in early June and having been to RAR before we're currently considering Nova Rock or Greenfields.

Just want to know when the campsite opens, beer prices, what the atmosphere is like etc. As with the Belgian festivals a train journey is included in the ticket price so all we would need is a budget flight to any Swiss city.

Cheers

went last year! brilliant festival! and by far the best views and scenery of any festival in the world i imagine! views of the jungfrau are unbelivable and if you can try and get to the top of it! highest point anyone can get in europe by train

last year we flew to Zurich and stayed ther a couple of nights as i have swiss cousins then headed down to luzern. really really easy. and you can get flights for around 60 quid if your lucky. Luton-Zurich is usually the cheapest

campsite opens at 4 on the thursday. make sure you dont fall for the trap and go to the enterance right in front of you but walk a bit further up as thats the main enterence! i had to queue for 2 hours in the hottest sun ive expericed!

and as your are very high above see level take alot of sun cream cos i burnt like a bitch and had to get first aid as i was close to feinting! the weather is so hot and there is no shade as its on an old airfield! drank more water than beer (shocking) but also pack for rain cos in the matter of seconds on the last night clouds came in really quick over the mountains and its poured like ive never seen it before!

beer is ok priced! 6or 7 SF but you get 2F back if you return the cup

also for every full rubbish bag you get 10 SF back! which is a very good deal!

Atmosphere is great lots of fun and banter with the swiss locals who couldnt believe english people came over for the fest!

the mainstage sound is brilliant too! Faith no more were incredible last year!

Interlaken is also about 20 minutes walk away so quite easy to get too if you want to do some shopping etc for food. There is a co-op rite outside the trainstation which has everything.

Only expect 40 bands playing but for about 90 quid its brilliant! headliners are usually very big bands (barring fecking Nightwish last year) last year was very metal but it changes as the year before was more rock

i may have gone on a bit but hope i helped a bit

• 4 weeks later...

Ace, cheers for taking the time out to respond :P

This is a definate possibility for us now, Beatsteaks, The Hives, Wizo, Heaven Shall Burn and Hot Water Music just been added. We've done a lot of the larger Euro festivals (Rock am, Sziget, Roskilde, Werchter) and most of the English ones so a slightly smaller fest would be a welcome change.

i live near and was there (among werchter, pinkpop, rock am ring, fib etc). i think if you like the line up, then this festival is really an option for you. the sound quality is REALLY great, i have never heard a better one at festivals. there are cheap hotels near in walking distance, just in case you prefer staying there. the swiss are nice (no piss the swiss...) and people from abroad are very welcome. in interlaken there are many tourists all over the year anyway. getting to the festival from the airport is no problem by train, there are trains every 30min. will take you ca. 90min.

I went last year from ireland.

flew belfast-luton-zurich, zurich dublin

think the train fare was included in the ticket, my firend lives in zurich so bought the tickets for us.

there is only two stages, one indoor one outdoor, it was very easy to get to the front for either stage even during headliners.

as mentioned it gets very very very hot and there is no shade apart from the indoor stage, i had to go home on the sunday as I think I had heat stroke and missed all the sunday bands.

the landscape is amazing, i stayed at a hostel in interlaken and got the festival bus in every day, one morning we got the passenger ferry around one of the lakes and found a wee beach and had a swim in the very cold but refreshing lake and then had some beers and a picnic as we dried out (swam in our clothes!)

there isn't a big choice of bands but if the bands you like are playing then that doesn't really matter. I got to see Social distortion, nightwish, guano apes (my favourite), less than jake, faith no more, tings tings (didn't know what to expect from them but they were awesome) and flogging molly.

Switzerland seemed very pricey but you can buy cheap booze at duty free on your way as they arent in the EU

overall it was really good, ive only been to rock-im-park and oxegen previously but the big difference for me was actually being able to get near the headliners! only downside was all of us think we caught swine fly whilst at the festival!

any other questions give us a shout

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hey

If you are still looking to go to Greenfield and you aint got your tickets yet ... i have two available as i have to pull out last minute. I also have flights there and back (may cost 20quid for name change though) i am only looking for 200 for the tickets and an extra 50 for flights its cost me over 400 for them

If your interested get in touch I haver the tickets here and can get them to you asap.

I am gutted I cant go its such a good line up :P

Edited by Lois_w

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...