Arctic Monkeys

Guest olive123

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd rather listen to Bono read me a Blackberry instruction guide for an hour than see them.

Rex,

Get yourself over to the Pyramid Stage on Friday night - it's all arranged......

J

Edited by jeffie

Totally agree

Saw them at Old Traford a couple of years back and totally loved it

Saw them at MEN last weekend and thought they were average at best - a huge disappointment as I'd been looking forward to it for months

Try as I might, I just can't get to like Humbug

They seem to have lost all their vitality and humour - even the favourites from the first 2 albums were not as good as before

I think they've definitely taken a wrong turn and I hope they find their way back as they are clearly talented

• 2 months later...

Kind of agree with OP's request not to slag them if you don't like, as everyne likes different things, and it's a bit pointless. But I'm gonna say this anyway - I think they are overrated and Mardy Bum actually made me bang my head on the steering wheel in frustration at its sheer drivel factor.

"i see your frown and it's like looking down the barrel of a gun" - Lordy Lordy - grow a pair, please.

The thng I think is why say "we're not playing" and get headlines like "Arctic Monkeys say no to Glasto" Smacks of sulkiness and 'we know we won't headline, we've gone off the boil, so we'll pretend we might have headlined but have got other things to do"

I don't know what the interview was about on 6 music, maybe I'm being harsh, but I think they are quite smug.

But fair play to Alex for landing Alexa chung as his missus, she's gorgeous, and their names match.

Edited by Josie's Cat

Agree with Cheryl Cole, plain as, not sure how she's got the 'nation's sweetheart' tag, unless the nation secretly pines for teenage boys, since that's her look.

I like Alexa because she's funny, quite individual, .although since she's been in America she's much too skinny. america's weird, nation of massive excess and in thrall to rail thin people. It's an enigma.