Didn't get tickets

Guest sammysundae

Basically i did the same as everyone else who didn;t get tickets. registered for 3 years, then was told that my number was no longer valid and i would have to wait another week to registerm then obviously it sold out.

the same happened to about 9 of my mates and were pretty much devestated.

glastonburyi is supposed to be the highlight of the summer and we hadn;t even considered the possibility of not getting tickets.

on the other hand, its months away and theres over 150,000 tickets. i've never been in this situation before.

i'd really appreciate some experiences/advice/reassurance on what to do, especially seeing as its such a large group and we'd really rather not leave anyone behind.

thanks very much

i would say in my experience chances arnt amazing mate,

my friend tried to get tickets on resale last year, didnt suceed, problem is they go on sale again in april and by then we have a pretty good idea of whos playing and so alot of people who didnt even try one first sale suddenly wanna go too

...would however add to the above: there are no tickets being held back for April apparently (according to posts on here), and it souds like there are going to be a few batches of resale tickets made available on a number of different dates - eithe rin the next few weeks or early in 2010 (depending on the source!).

Hopefully this will increase your chances - I'm in a similar boat, I have my ticket, but need to get a ticket for my fiancé.

If the 9 of you that can, check back on here and on see tickets regularly you will stand a decent chance. On the see site they have a top 40 section, keep an eye out on there. As soon as glasto appears on it, give it a go! Its worked for me before when my mates needed some.

Basically i did the same as everyone else who didn;t get tickets. registered for 3 years, then was told that my number was no longer valid and i would have to wait another week to registerm then obviously it sold out.

glastonburyi is supposed to be the highlight of the summer and we hadn;t even considered the possibility of not getting tickets.

on the other hand, its months away and theres over 150,000 tickets. i've never been in this situation before.

i'd really appreciate some experiences/advice/reassurance on what to do, especially seeing as its such a large group and we'd really rather not leave anyone behind.

thanks very much

i reckon your in with a shout, 6 of my mates cocked up but i'm confident they'll get there tickets.

you might be right. do you know if those batches are going to be announced? cos if they weren't then it would probably work in my favour cos i'm usually pretty good at checking the websites and getting lucky and i don't mind putting in the efffort. this is a pretty crap situation.

i don't mind the idea of doing other festivals, but to be honest glastonbury is the daddy and i'd be gutted if i missed it. especially because of a f**k up on the part of seetickets. AGAIN!!!!

thanks very much for the support guys, i apperciate it. i feel a bit more confident about it now.

Edited by sammysundae

thanks very much

Had your registration genuinely run out, or should it have been valid?

They cocked up my registration the first year they tried it. Slightly different problem from yours. This was when you could register by post. They entered my surname completely wrong on their computer (I found out by phoning SeeTickets later, if it was them then), so when it came to us trying to book online, it recognised my two mates names and not mine. By the time we had agreed that my friends would book tickets without me, they had sold out. I complained to GFL, pointing out that through no fault of my own I would have been totally unable to get tickets, and consequently my mates had missed out as well. They offered me a ticket, but not my friends. I went on my own in the end, as my friends tried every resale with no luck. They changed the online system the next year if I recall correctly.

I would suggest you try for any resales and don't worry about if not all of you or even if only one of you gets a ticket, there is only one Glastonbury a year after all. I know it sounds selfish, but unfortunately these days it sometimes happens that you can't all get tickets, and you should feel happy for your friends who have. (Easy to say I know). You could try getting a job there.

The Pub Lawyer in me thinks that, if sounds possible from some of the posts on here, that SeeTickets have lost lots of peoples registration numbers when they shouldn't have, that there may be a case for some kind of class action if you can prove a loss of some kind, though I think See would use the defense that you should have checked that you were still registered before T-day. Are there any proper Solicitors on here who could answer that, just out of interest? Not that I would advocate any kind of legal action against Glasto. Not In The Spirit Of Things, dear boy.

thanks very much

there may be a case for some kind of class action if you can prove a loss of some kind, though I think See would use the defense that you should have checked that you were still registered before T-day. Are there any proper Solicitors on here who could answer that, just out of interest

same boat too. Just don't give up. I have mine but my mate who always comes with me is without. I feel terrible I didn't double check his number and another friends last week but since I'd used his number two years running it can be down to me forgetting to ticket the box.

For the two tickets I did book only one recieved a reminder so there is definaly inconsistancies in their system.

Don't give up.

I got tickets last year in the original sale, and then due to dithering didn;t pay full pay balance until the due date, then on the due date I got snowed into London and my flight was delayed by 6 hours and I landed at 12.30am - hence missed my tickets

I then was on the website first thing on resale date (which was a weekday) and got tickets again

I was extremely lucky - but am trying to say don't give up. Last year they were on and off sale for a few weeks and as soon as someone spotted they were available again there was a post on here