what are the different campsites like?

Guest seehar

hiya

Planning on going to glastonbury this year and never been before, can anyone tell me what all the different camping fields are like? Any traditionally quieter/rowdier than the others? Which ones are most convenient for toilets/beer/bacon rolls/stages etc?

thank you!!!

hiya

Planning on going to glastonbury this year and never been before, can anyone tell me what all the different camping fields are like? Any traditionally quieter/rowdier than the others? Which ones are most convenient for toilets/beer/bacon rolls/stages etc?

thank you!!!

Edited by biigsybmx

Have camped in Dairy for the past 4 years it is fairly quiet at night but if you turn up on the Wednesday you can get a good pitch close to the exit (not too close to the loos) which means you are close to the railway line. biigsybmx link will show it travels from gate d to shangri la from this you can get to every where easily. I come in from the west so Dragon field fill up very quickly (mainly full before the gates open) pennards quick and then Park, the dance field near both the dance and other stage has the problem of flooding in a wet year ( i remember floating on lilos in the late 90's). I camp in Dairy because I cannot be there as the gates open due to saying goodbye to my son Food is avalable either in the camping areas or very close, but the food is often over priced and ok you are better off looking for food away from the camping areas and the main stages, larger amounts better quality and cheaper it's just if you can be bothered. Alcohol is on sale 22 hours a day (shut from 6am to 8am)from some of the bars you can bring in as much booze as you wish except no glass bottles. Toilets are in every camping field and nearish all the stages this comes down to personal tastes of either long drops (a number of toilet seats suspended over a pit) or the portrloos (sealed plastic box). The east side I cannot help you wit just it is a long walk up that hill on the way out. best of luck getting a ticket and come early there is a lot to see, glastonbury has so much to offer but there is a lot of walking. please note the time of posting and I have been drinking a bit but i think what I have said in in the main true.

<br />Have camped in Dairy for the past 4 years it is fairly quiet at night but if you turn up on the Wednesday you can get a good pitch close to the exit (not too close to the loos) which means you are close to the railway line. biigsybmx link will show it travels from gate d to shangri la from this you can get to every where easily. I come in from the west so Dragon field fill up very quickly (mainly full before the gates open) pennards quick and then Park, the dance field near both the dance and other stage has the problem of flooding in a wet year ( i remember floating on lilos in the late 90's). I camp in Dairy because I cannot be there as the gates open due to saying goodbye to my son Food is avalable either in the camping areas or very close, but the food is often over priced and ok you are better off looking for food away from the camping areas and the main stages, larger amounts better quality and cheaper it's just if you can be bothered. Alcohol is on sale 22 hours a day (shut from 6am to 8am)from some of the bars you can bring in as much booze as you wish except <b>no glass bottles</b>. Toilets are in every camping field and nearish all the stages this comes down to personal tastes of either long drops (a number of toilet seats suspended over a pit) or the portrloos (sealed plastic box). The east side I cannot help you wit just it is a long walk up that hill on the way out. best of luck getting a ticket and come early there is a lot to see, glastonbury has so much to offer but there is a lot of walking. please note the time of posting and I have been drinking a bit but i think what I have said in in the main true.<br />

I'm a shangri-la girl myself, it's not quiet but there's plenty to do and it's not far from the green fields (fantastic food) and all the trash city/ shangri-la night life. My mission is to find somewhere close to it to park as it seams like miles from the carpark!

Dance field fan myself, once you get used to the steady thud of a 4-4 beat till the early hours, you'll find its handily placed for shops, food stores and the famous midnight wine bar. Near to relatively decent loos which get cleared out very regularly, a good washing area, and only a few minutes walk from the Other stage and Dance village. Pyramid, Jazz and John Peel not too far either.

Edited by crimsonking

Having kids means Family camping, we were aiming for Cockmill Meadow last year but got there too late (Wed about midnight) and told it was full, so we went up the hill to Hitchin Hill (I think) - really nice, quiet from about midnight to about 8, got great sleeps with the children, nice toilets, water everything - but a long way to the Kidz field!

Gorgeous view over the site first thing wandering to get water as well.

But if I was on my own I would probably choose the Dance field, looks good and close to everything like CK says, plus there's a soothing quality to some thumping bass that I like!

What are the chances of being able to camp near shangri-la or the park if you arrive on midday thursday. There's about 20 of us hopingto get tickets for a stag doo and want stay somwhere a bit lively. Stayed on hitchen hill before which is good just very far from the barsof the park.

Also do trains run on the old track? Or am I going mad? Never seen any but sure I read somewhere that they did.

What are the chances of being able to camp near shangri-la or the park if you arrive on midday thursday. There's about 20 of us hopingto get tickets for a stag doo and want stay somwhere a bit lively. Stayed on hitchen hill before which is good just very far from the barsof the park.

Also do trains run on the old track? Or am I going mad? Never seen any but sure I read somewhere that they did.