Alchemy festival 17th - 19th Sept 2010

Guest Alchemy Festival

I am pleased to say that the first band booked for Alchemy 2010 is Zetan Spore they are so good we had to have them back again!

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="

type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">

• Replies 848
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Laura Jenkins

I am pleased to say that laura will be playing on the Liberty Stage Sat afternoon.

Here is a little from here myspace site - http://www.myspace.com/thesongsoflaurajenkins

Music is my main passion in life, song writing is like a release for me. I like to reflect on my life experiences through music, using chords that reflect the emotion I'm feeling at that time. I see my songs as little journeys through life almost like a musical diary. I like to use a mixture of personal raw vocals accompanied with melancholic guitar parts and big noisy crescendos in an attempt to provoke emotion and empathy reflective of the song. Hopefully people will be able to relate to some aspects of my songs and apply them to their own lives and some of the experiences, whether they be good or bad, that we face in daily life.

New groove formation

The band formed in early 2004 when four local musicians got together and starting jamming in sleepy Bedfordshire. Having a mutual respect and desire to play the same sort of music the band quickly started writing material.

Shortly afterwards Didge and MC Dutter were enrolled as percussion and rapper respectively. A few more months on a few more tunes and a horn section was introduced, the band was complete.

Playing music they all love from, dirty funky beats, grooves and breaks to reggae, dub and ska. Every member has brought something different to the band which comes together to give and electrifying performance. The band has a great time together on and off stage and this comes across in the performance.

The line up has changed a little over the years, with a new bass player and a number of changes in the horn section! The band has gone from strength to strength and a large repertoire has been created. Our aim is simply to get the crowd dancing!

Edited by Alchemy Festival

Kaplick

Kaplick were born in the woods in 2000, and have been producing their own style of freestyle psychedelic dance music ever since.Having played at countless free raves across the uk, as well as Sunrise festival, Earthwise festival, Small world festival and more- they prove to be fearless in the pursuit of free music. Mixing influences from drum & bass, trance, trip hop, hip hop, ambient, Kaplick provide vibes that can appeal to 'all' ears. Synth, Drums and Bass come together to create a unique performance, sometimes serene, sometimes dangerous, always different. Recent performances have been improvised from start to finish- drawing energies from the audience and taking them on a journey into the unknown. Kaplick have set up a recording studio in Maidstone, Kent and have just released the full length improvised album "Rotten Eggo". - Free to download!