Sziget 2010

Guest guitarbaz

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please read back in the future, I already looked that up:

7th of August: No festival activities yet, but for 10 euros a day you can camp on a camping on a camping on the festivalsite. These additional campingtickets can be purchased at the entrance to Obudai Island.

9th of August: Party's all over the place.

10th of August: Day Zero

11th of August: Festival day 1

12th of August: Festival day 2

13th of August: Festival day 3

14th of August: Festival day 4

15th of August: Festival day 5

16th of August: Final day. Visitors are requested to leave the grounds at 08.00 a.m.

The first bands have been put up on the Sziget website today:

Bad Religion, Billy Talent, Children Of Bodom, Danko Jones, Enter Shikari, Faithless, Gentleman,

Gorillaz Sound System, Gwar, Ill Niño, Infected Mushroom, Iron Maiden, K.I.Z., Kasabian, Lyapis

Trubetskoy, Monster Magnet, Muse, Papa Roach, Paradise Lost, Ska-P, Skindred, Subsonica, The 69 Eyes,

The Cribs, The Hives, The Specials, The Toy Dolls

Hmmm...may have to consider buying a ticket now!

we got our flights from luton to budapest £110 each.

then get the train from budapest airport to city centre for £1 :P

dunno about prague ??? bloody miles away aint it ?

ryain air do flights from brizzle to buda & graz (which would be closer than prague )

Edited by Madalien

Yeah I normally fly with Ryanair to Budapest from Bristol but they are about £200 at the moment!

Flights to Bratislava are cheaper but not on the right days really.

The Prague return is £80 and we are thinking of spending some days in Prague before our flight back to Bristol.

It's quite a train journey though.

Where is Graz?

we got our flights from luton to budapest £110 each.

then get the train from budapest airport to city centre for £1 :P

dunno about prague ??? bloody miles away aint it ?

ryain air do flights from brizzle to buda & graz (which would be closer than prague )

not too far from prague to budapest, really.

i'd stop by in vienna on the way though, make a bit of a trip out of it- see three amazing cities. budapest is my fave of the three though i must say.

you can get very cheap BUSSES out there.

studentagency have a website detailing prices and times (it's not just for students). there's also orangeways in so far as cheap busses. both perfectly good busses and bloody cheap.

well that's our flights booked. after seeing the initial line up i didn't hesitate any further as i'd been putting it off. it truly pains me to have to use lyingair but there really is no option sadly as no-one else seems to fly to budapest direct unless i go down to that there larndan. i hate that robbing, thieving bunch of incompetents with a passion.

can't quite decide on which ticket now...will there be a decent zero day or the chuff that was served up last year?? fair price difference..

and now to search for suitable accomodation!

anyways, Game On! :P

Yes, tomorrow is the day for announcements. Rumour hazzit that day zero will be a ska-based day and that day minus zero will see the farwell concert from a very well-known Hungarian band. No idea who, but smart money's on Kispal and the Badger who've been around for donkey's years. Or badger's years.

ska based day zero?? hmm interesting. if that would mean the specials playing that day i'd be obliged to go! saw them on their recent tour and it was fannytastic.

so, we shall see!

oh and luxury apartment on andrassy utca....check!

so that's just the festie tickets now... :P

well that's our flights booked. after seeing the initial line up i didn't hesitate any further as i'd been putting it off. it truly pains me to have to use lyingair but there really is no option sadly as no-one else seems to fly to budapest direct unless i go down to that there larndan. i hate that robbing, thieving bunch of incompetents with a passion.

can't quite decide on which ticket now...will there be a decent zero day or the chuff that was served up last year?? fair price difference..

and now to search for suitable accomodation!

anyways, Game On! :P

Where are you flying from Guitarbaz?

We still havn't decided where to fly from/to. The Ryainar flights from Bristol to Budapest are extortionate at the moment.

Bristol to Prague is cheap but a lot of travelling to do the other end................

The trains from Amsterdam are nearly fully booked - all the night/sleep cabins are already gone. There are still trains on the Rotterdam-Brussels route to Sziget though.

Kind of glad I got my ticket and flight in December already.

yeah it pays to book early as budapest ain't the easiest place to get to. it's still costing u sabout 200 quid each for flights even with Lyanair.

i've not seen anything quite like that amsterdam train, full of the great unwashed after a week's festivalling. quite an "experience" i'd guess. :P