benicassim 2010

Guest rosiefox

Uncle Monty, I booked through the hotel itself, I sent an enquiry last week through the official website email address and got a reply the same day from a lady called Carmen Schnitzer who sent me on a booking form which I faxed back and she emailed my confirmation receipt.

The hotel email is reservas@intur.com and Carmen's direct email address is cschnitzer@intur.com, no harm giving them a try, I only booked last Thursday so i reckon they should still have rooms available.

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me and a group of 11 mates are all off to Benicassim this year for the first time. Staying in Barcelona before and going on to Valencia after, it should be a great fortnight!

I have been checking all the websites religiously for the past month or so to see who's likely to be there, etc. I understand that 2009's Headliners were confirmed around late december 2008, so im starting to become a little impatient with the lack of anything so far for this years festival! I know for UK festivals it is around 6 months before, would anyone be able to shed any light at all on when the first act's are likely to be announced?

Cheers!

Benicassim, hands up who doesn't think it's as good as it used to be.

:P

Can someone explain to me why people were swimming around in that filthy fountain last year? I'm sure everyone who did came home with some horrible skin complaint.

i stayed in the INTUR AZOR in beni, which was a little cheaper than the intur orange and at the same place (1min closer to the sea). but as well, expensive... the year before we stayed in castellon, but this was really hard, because of the lack of taxis, waiting in the night for hours...

my recommondation is: pay more for a hotel in beni, so you can avoid hard times getting back, and the taxis are expensive anyway..

Hey all, I went last year, and had a great time. I think griping that it isn´t as good as it was is a tad pointless, take nostalgia away, and it still was a cracking festival. Do miss the monday party though...

Three things marred it a little for me: All the pricks who decided to climb the sound tower during Oasis (and security taking 45 minutes to do anything about it), Foals and late of the Pier pulling out, and the storm effectively cancellling Friday.

Definitely going this year. I would recommend to all the older bods (like me) camping is fine if you pay for it on either Azahar (although the walk from the bus is a bit immense at 5AM - park your car at Lidl so you can drive back), or bonterra park (right by the bus stop). Both have loads of shade, and electric points too. Take a couple of electric fans to plug in in your tent, set up under the shade, and you are away. Mini fridges are great too, we parked our car on our spot as a security box for it.

Don´t go hotels - it would kill the fun. I would only recommend the provided campsites if you are a ) not planning on sleeping at all, and b ) taking nothing of any value to you whatsoever.

I am really tempted to VIP this year though, to have a little chillout space, as at times the crowds got intense (mainly due to Friday daytrippers coming in on Saturday and Sunday).

Edited by HippyDave

Getting worried about this to be honest. Actually got randomly talking to a kid from Valencia last night whilst out and he was saying that the Spanish authorities aren't happy with the promotion being totally in the hands of the British now ie. Mean Fiddler.

http://www.benicassim.org.uk/news/vpmg-tak...assim-festival/

However also on that site they're saying:

Benicassim FIB Line-up to be confirmed very soon

Posted by admin on January 22, 2010 · Leave a Comment

Keep checking our line-up page – we’re expecting to confirm the line-up for Benicassim 2010 very very shortly. We’re confident you’re going to absolutely love it. In the mean time please feel free to tell us who you’d like to see at FIB in 2010. Tickets for this year’s festival are priced at £150 which includes 9 days camping (and 4 days of fantastic music).

In anticipation of the line-up being announced we are pleased to report that tickets are selling fast. So we’d recommend booking tickets now to avoid dissappointment. We hope you’re as excited about attending this year’s festival as we are. 2009 was one not to be forgotten, so lets keep our fingers crossed that 2010 is even better!

So in the same breath hopefully it won't be too much longer!!

Getting worried about this to be honest. Actually got randomly talking to a kid from Valencia last night whilst out and he was saying that the Spanish authorities aren't happy with the promotion being totally in the hands of the British now ie. Mean Fiddler.

To be honest, we need the money in this region really badly, so there is no way that Beni 2010 will be cancelled.

The local economies are screaming out for some cash right now, and Beni brings in a small fortune (reports suggest foreigners blow about €25m into the region around that time) which no local government is going to say no to.

Besides, even if they did, there would always be another town not far away happy to take the cash. So don´t worry.

On another note, any chance the organisers would consider doing something about the shocking state of affairs regarding the buses to and from the festival? I dont fancy fighting to get a seat yet again, and then waiting forever for all the pissed up revellers to count out their change. How about including the bus in the ticket price?

First up Mean Fiddler don't run the promotion of FIB, VPMG do and secondly what are the Spanish authorities going to do? Break European competiton law, I think not. Plus I'm pretty sure that La Comunitat Valencia are more than happy with 200,000-odd brits turning up and spending a shed load of money in the region.

i honestly cant wait for any news to be released, last year was insaneeeee, im thinking some key details will be released super soon. Feel free to come join the free benicassim community at www.fibfest.com

also check out our gallery from our photographers from last year capturing all the fun and mayhem

fibfest.com

Just to push forward the hype/desperation bandwagon, the top part of the main site has been changed, maraworld logo added, and several languages removed. Still got Valenciano, Castellano and English though.

Does this mean we are about to get an announcement? Seemed last time everything was declared on Thursdays........

And yeah, the whole Friday thing sucked, but the bands that didn´t play wouldn´t have been paid, and the only people who got any kind of refund were the day trippers. They can´t have lost that much money, and I´m sure some kind of insurance would have helped. Announcing headliners ASAP would also drive sales like a big one.