benicassim 2010

Guest rosiefox

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We went from Derry last year ..... Got the bus from Derry to Dublin & flew over to Barcelona a couple days earlier & stayed in apartments there.....We then got the train down to Oropesa the day before the festival & stayed there through Danesfib. We had shuttle buses to the festival which only took 10 minutes. Stayed in Barca again a couple days after the festival & then got the flight home.....happy days!!!!

I'd do that again but i wouldnt book with Danesfib cos they're a bunch a feckin cowboys!! I'd maybe try to book an apartment in benni but they get booked up quicker i'd say!

Edited by Scone

Dont see the problem with camping. Went this year and camped for 6 days, was immense. Yes its hot during the day, but what are you doing in your tent during the day anyway? There is a beach down the road, a town with loads of bars, and all day bars at Bene....

7 days, 12 hours sleep, one of the best weeks of my life.

Yes you get hot and sticky too, but there are 24 hour showers that arent too busy other than about 9am, 4am showers were brilliant and gavve us a break from the partying to freshen up.

I went for the first time this year and had a brilliant time.

The sleeping isn't too bad as i was so tired from the day before i slept like a log (even though i had nothing to sleep on, due to being sick on all of my possesions, apart from my clothes, on the first night).

I can't see the line up being rubbish next year as the festival seems to grow substantially each year, with bigger and bigger headline acts. I mean this year was Oasis, Kings of leon ( :blink: ), Franze Ferdinand, Killers, Paul Weller etc which all, im sure, cost alot of money.

The festival site itself, doesn't look like it can expand too much more. The two camps are quite a distance apart, so expect this to book out quite quick.

I hope to go back next year, but due to having to pay Glasto off and being unsure of whether i can get time off work, i will wait until next year to see if tickets are availible.

ANY Benicassim questions can be answered correctly usually within 10 hours at www.fibfest.com the number 1 dedicated forum for Benicassim festival, many can back fibfest.com as they will have met the reps this year ;):D we are all so aiming to delive the most up to date news to you gys asap

so come join the growing community and check out the insane gallery from 2009

• 4 weeks later...

first time this year and i didnt see the problem with camping, one of the best weeks iv ever had

yer its hot during the day but you dont go to spain to sit in a tent really, if you really want to the massive beer tent in the campsite had plenty of shade and was full of people everyday anyway!

kings of leon cancelling was a bummer, but we all had a good laugh in the hurricaine and i don't see how you can blame the organizers for that... our tents survived though so i doubt we would have been laughin if they hadn't!

were planning on goin back next year and will definatley be camping, its where all the atmosphere and banter is. fingers crossed the line ups a belter, KOL making up for last year, arctic monkeys wouldn't be the worst either! ... Roll on Beni '10 :P

Went this year for the first time aswell. Was most probally the best week of my life!

Definatley plan on going again next year, although undecided wheather i'll camp or not. The banter and randomness of the campsites is great, yet having to get up at 9/10am every day due to the blazing sun can be quite annoying after only a few hours sleep. The cold showers where a godsend!

• 1 month later...

Would recommend booking a hotel in Oropesa through Travel Repubic as it's much cheaper. Get a hire car too, do not rely on the taxis the Qs were horrenndous this year - it's only a 5 min drive and if there's a few of you you can take it in turns to be Des.

We booked the Hotel Gran Duque which was a nice 3 star cheapy and much better than the Danesfib apartments apparently - book directly and save yourself a fortune!!

• 2 weeks later...

First time last year aswell, just myself and my girlfriend and had a great time. Camping was cool for meeting people and easy access to the festival but think we’re gonna hotel it this year. The 7am sleep and 9am wake-ups can take their toll!

Just wondering if anyone’s stayed in the Intur Orange before, from what I read it’s the closest to the festival but just wondering if it’s within walking distance and also if there’s any craic by the pool during the day and before the festival starts??

Cheers.

OK this is getting a bit ridiculous. last year they announced the first acts on the 17th of december. im goin on the benicassim official website every day at this stage just to see if they've booked anyone.

rumoured so far by different sources are:

Kraftwerk

Vampire Weekend

Arctic Monkeys

Elbow

Pink

Green day

Julian Casablancas(the strokes would be immense but well just have to make do with the main man :P )

I'm checking pretty regularly aswell, strange that nothings been announced yet. Heard the above rumours too, as well as Kasabian and Passion Pit but don't know how much of these rumours are total guesswork by people. Also read Daft Punk somewhere but think that's wishful thinking by whoever posted that!

I'm heading to Beni 2010 this year with my boyfriend. We'll probably hotel-it though. Is there some sort of shuttle bus that takes you to and from the festival or how would we get back and forth to Castellon de la plana?

Can't wait!

Myself and my wife are heading to Benicassim this year for the first time and were wondering if you kind folk would give us a couple of pointers about accommodation! I wouldn't be the biggest fan of the heat of camping so am looking at hotels or apartments.

I've been scouring the various hotel websites and can't find a sniff of anywhere in Beni but plenty in Orpessa. It sounds handy enough with the shuttle buses but then I've heard horror stories about the danesfib website and the lack of organisation of the buses so I'm kind of stuck!!

Has anyone else stayed in Orpessa and found it ok? Anyone know if Castillon is a better option to get back and forth too?

Cheers for that!

Hi there, myself and my girlfriend booked the Intur Orange hotel last week. It’s in Benicassim, I’ve read it’s the closest hotel to the festival site and easily within walking distance so it might be worth looking into. Although it was pretty expensive, €825 for 5 nights between the 2 of us but we decided to splash out cause the camping last year, although fun, was pretty mental with the heat / freak winds!

We stayed one night in Castellon last year and just got a taxi out to the festival, and what we thought was a taxi back but turned out to be some guy just out in his car picking people up, think a lot of that happens around the time of the festival. But it was a lot handier than walking to bus stops and queueing at 5/6am.

Don’t know too much about Orpessa but met a fair few people last time who were travelling to and from there easy enough, same as Castellon. But have been told that there’s nothing to do there so you would have to travel into Beni during the day aswell.

Would recommend exhausting all avenues for accommodation in Benicassim first, should still be something available at this time of year but if not Castellon or Orpessa would do the trick I’d imagine, they seem well set up for travel to and from the festival.