A rare word of praise for security

Guest Tommy

I know normally security staff at festivals get singled out for criticism on these boards, but on Sunday night one of the supervisors showed that they can have some compassion.

Some of you already know Lynne's house got done over while we were at the festival. We found this out at around 10pm Sunday. Obviously at this point she needed to find somewhere a bit quieter to ring the police urgently to find out the score. I was working at the festival so had access to the guest area, but she was on a regular ticket. A quick word with the guest area gate supervisor and he couldn't have been more helpful, letting us both through to find somewhere quiet, having one of his lads bring her a coffee / pen / paper etc, and generally being an all round decent bloke. It would have taken us at least half an hour to get anywhere else on site that was quiet enough to make the phonecall, so I am very grateful to this guy.

This will be going in an email to FR and the security company, as he really was a diamond.

:rolleyes:

I know normally security staff at festivals get singled out for criticism on these boards, but on Sunday night one of the supervisors showed that they can have some compassion.

Some of you already know Lynne's house got done over while we were at the festival. We found this out at around 10pm Sunday. Obviously at this point she needed to find somewhere a bit quieter to ring the police urgently to find out the score. I was working at the festival so had access to the guest area, but she was on a regular ticket. A quick word with the guest area gate supervisor and he couldn't have been more helpful, letting us both through to find somewhere quiet, having one of his lads bring her a coffee / pen / paper etc, and generally being an all round decent bloke. It would have taken us at least half an hour to get anywhere else on site that was quiet enough to make the phonecall, so I am very grateful to this guy.

This will be going in an email to FR and the security company, as he really was a diamond.

:)

Thought barrier security performed well. Pulled out various people who asked to be pulled out without making them literally beg. Water turnover was excellent and then they didnt even cripple crowd surfers which i always think is unneccesary and i dont even like it.

Congrats all round.

Thought barrier security performed well. Pulled out various people who asked to be pulled out without making them literally beg. Water turnover was excellent and then they didnt even cripple crowd surfers which i always think is unneccesary and i dont even like it.

Congrats all round.

Actually, Paul, if you could pass on my thanks (on behalf of all the photogs) to whoever runs the pit security provision, cos they were golden this year. Up for a laugh, dead easy to work with / around, and only asked snappers to leave the pit when it was going mental. :-)