Are Radiohead nailed on for next year.

Guest srvman

Id imagine they'd have a new album to promote by then, and it's been thrown about for the last 2 years they will be playing, I honestly believe radiohead will be playing, it would be 7 years since their last stint, and am i right in thinking this is the last Glasto before the fallow year...

Im going to the bookies tomorrow to put a bet on them headlining, although i'd suspect the odds would be quite short even now..

I think blur demonstrated this year, how a popular british band with a tenure of good recognisable songs, can really get the crowd going...radiohead would be perfect for the sunday next year..

Sorry to start so early but I dont see any other band (of that type) headlining

i can't decide whether to miss seeing them at leeds this year so that my first time seeing them will be at glasto. it would make it that much more special. (also i would be on my own at leeds, all my friends want to see lostprophets instead lol)

but then i'd be gutted if they didn't play next year and i'd missed seeing them this year!

can't help but feel the blur comparisons are a bit wide of the mark. Hardly a good audience sing along band are they? what's the parklife equivalent? ;)

I suspect you might be right though, radiohead could well headline next year.

i can't decide whether to miss seeing them at leeds this year so that my first time seeing them will be at glasto. it would make it that much more special. (also i would be on my own at leeds, all my friends want to see lostprophets instead lol)

but then i'd be gutted if they didn't play next year and i'd missed seeing them this year!

Edited by grandadcollective

i seen them in manchester last year and they werent that good tbh but my mum and dad seen em in glasto 2003 and said it was the best gig they have ever been to. i would probably still go and see them though if they were on though

Id imagine they'd have a new album to promote by then, and it's been thrown about for the last 2 years they will be playing, I honestly believe radiohead will be playing, it would be 7 years since their last stint, and am i right in thinking this is the last Glasto before the fallow year...

Im going to the bookies tomorrow to put a bet on them headlining, although i'd suspect the odds would be quite short even now..

I think blur demonstrated this year, how a popular british band with a tenure of good recognisable songs, can really get the crowd going...radiohead would be perfect for the sunday next year..

Sorry to start so early but I dont see any other band (of that type) headlining

Don't be mental. This is what is commonly known as the Bjork Complex. 'Oh let's go see Bjork because we'll be seeing Arctic Monkeys next month and we'll never see her again'. There was a reason we'd never see her again which I believe is commonly referred to as shitness. Go and see the band you like best. They'll be great at Leeds/ Reading and if they close the show next year they will be unmissable.

Don't be mental. This is what is commonly known as the Bjork Complex. 'Oh let's go see Bjork because we'll be seeing Arctic Monkeys next month and we'll never see her again'. There was a reason we'd never see her again which I believe is commonly referred to as shitness. Go and see the band you like best. They'll be great at Leeds/ Reading and if they close the show next year they will be unmissable.

As far as I'm concerned, a headline act should either be headlining for the first time or be in a completely different stage of their career since the last time they headlined.

As in first time being a newish band and then second time one of the biggest acts in the world (e.g. Coldplay, Radiohead, Oasis).

Radiohead haven't changed since 2003. They have released an album, but are still pretty much the same band. They should wait until they have reached oldie/legendary status before headlining again. Otherwise it just seems like its a repeat of last time.

I dont know, some people think that there should be a rotation of Glasto headliners, somewhere between Radiohead, Colplay, Arctic Monkeys, Muse, Kings Of Leon, Blur and Oasis. So glad this year only included 1 on that list. Do I want to see Radiohead next year, much as I love them, they are one of my favourites of all time, no I do not. I would like to see 3 bands who have never headlined before, add a bit of freshness to it, sadly doubt it will happen particularly with it being 40th and all that

do you not think it would be quite nice to close the weekend with a familiarity of a band which have headlined well in the past and leave the other two nights to two big new bands....but at the same time, there is only so many bands which can headline glastonbury...